Chapter 79

Father Xu got up early the next morning, went to Patriarch Xu's house early, told the family about the family affairs, and brought a group of people back soon after.

And the corpses in the backyard were also taken away by the people of the clan.

When Xu Qiu got up, the yard had already been cleaned up by his mother.

Seeing Xu Qiu coming down alone, Li Shi asked, "Is Xiaoqu still up?"

"Yeah." Xu Qiu went to fetch water to wash up: "He slept a bit late last night and couldn't wake up in the morning."

Mrs. Li understood: "He must have been frightened by the dream, he seemed to hear crying at night."

Lin Qu woke up in the middle of the night and cried loudly, but he didn't hold back at all, so Li Shi could vaguely hear it. But I also guessed that they might have been frightened by the murder, and it was not good for them as parents to go up because of this. They had their own sons to comfort them, and there was no major problem.

"Yes." Xu Qiu said.

Li Shi said: "Then let him sleep for a while, and put the food for him later."

"Mother." Xu Qiu thought about it: "I think Xiaoqu and I should go to the capital as soon as possible." Otherwise, he was afraid that there would be a next time, even though there was a father and two older brothers at home, nothing really happened.

But his mother and sister-in-law are just ordinary people, so it's hard not to be scared when something like this happens suddenly.

Just by looking at the dark circles under the eyes of his mother, one can tell that she must have not fallen asleep when she went back last night.

After all, he brought these things, Xu Qiu didn't want to bring trouble to his family.

Mrs. Li was a little angry: "I agreed to leave in a few days, what did you do suddenly? This matter has not been resolved yet, you and Xiaoqu two children set off, who knows what will happen then!"

"You still have your father and elder brother and second brother to help you at home, what if you have problems when you leave alone?"

As she said that, she suddenly softened her tone again: "Sanwa, tell me, why don't you go to the capital?"

"Mother." Xu Qiu called out.

Mrs. Li didn't let him speak, and continued: "The eldest prince has made it clear that he doesn't want you to go to the capital. I don't know how much risk there is in this journey. Even if you arrive in the capital, won't you be on someone else's territory? When the time comes It's easy to deal with you."

"Although our family said that we have hooked up with the second prince, who knows what the second prince's attitude is? There is still your sister-in-law's father between us and the second prince, and the relationship is not that close. The prince has never made any demands. I don't necessarily take you into my heart."

"What's more, there is no one who guards against thieves for a thousand days. It's not good to be worried all the time, and let Xiaoqu suffer with you. It's better to stay here with us, and all troubles will be gone. If you are not convinced, your father and the clan will Help you fight back."

"Mother." Xu Qiu dragged his tone and said helplessly, "You know I've always wanted to pass the exam and become a petty official."

It's best to be a county magistrate, engage in infrastructure construction, and let a hundred flowers bloom in the territorial construction.

Mrs. Li curled her lips: "What's so good about being a small official? If you want to, tell your sister-in-law's family. You can go to the army as a medical officer. You will be in charge of all the doctors in the army." As for the medical skills of the youngest son Well, the army had long wanted to take him there, but they didn't act because of his status.