Chapter 29

That night, when Xu Qiu came out to close the courtyard door, he vaguely saw a figure outside.

He was startled.

After taking a closer look, he realized that this person was very familiar. He walked out and asked, "Gu Chengxiao?"

"What are you doing here so late?"

Gu Chengxiao looked at him: "I'm here to see you, can I have a chat?"

Xu Qiu knew what he wanted to say, it was nothing more than those things during the day.

Both Lin Qiong and Gu Chengxiao are not bad people in the absolute sense, but Lin Qiong is the kind of person who prefers to be praised by others. Under such circumstances, he doesn't mind sharing some benefits.

After all, Gu Chengxiao came from the royal family, and when it was time to use him, he would not be relentless.

For a while, it was probably because he was more valuable, and also, he and Gu Chengxiao did get along relatively well before, and Xu Qiu didn't dislike him at the moment, after all, in the initial setting, the relationship between the two of them was very good. OK, not to that extent these days, but not bad.

"What do you want to say?" Xu Qiu asked.

Gu Chengxiao hesitated for a moment, "You and Lin Qiong, when did your engagement end?"

He had some doubts, whether it was unintentional, before the two of them broke off their engagement, he and Lin Qiong had a mutual affection.

Last time, when Xu Qiu came to look for him, he saw him and Lin Qiong together. At that time, Xu Qiu also said that they had broken off their engagement. At that time, because of the identities of the two people, it was a bit embarrassing to discuss these, so I didn't go on.

Moreover, Xu Qiu's attitude was quite calm, as if he didn't take this marriage to heart, he only said that it was decided by his parents since he was a child, and Lin Qiong never mentioned it in the process of getting along with him. Up to this point, it has always been happy and carefree.

Subconsciously, Gu Chengxiao thought that this was just decided by his parents. The two parties actually didn't care about it, they just had a name. Maybe it was like what he had seen in the capital before. They said they were unmarried couples. Is it the relationship between brothers and friends? Can't produce any ambiguous emotions at all?

In short, they probably didn't pay much attention to this marriage contract.

He knows that many villages don't pay much attention to engagement, and many of them just make a verbal agreement, and there is no formal ceremony.

But all of today's events broke his imagination. From the discussions of the surrounding villagers, it is not difficult to hear that Lin Qiong liked Xu Qiu very much before, and Xu Qiu was not as indifferent to this marriage as he imagined. He didn't care, on the contrary, Lin Qiong seemed to care too much, so much so that when he saw Xu Qiu and Lin Qu together, he wanted to take revenge.

This means that Lin Qiong still loves Xu Qiu?

But it shouldn't be. From Xu Qiu's remarks, he and Lin Qu hadn't spoken to each other at least during the period when he was exiled. And Lin Qiong met him half a month after he was exiled, and several times after that, he could feel that Lin Qiong had a good impression of him. That being the case, how did Lin Qiong misunderstand Xu Qiu? What about the psychology of revenge?

He didn't think Xu Qiu was telling lies, one was unnecessary, and the other was that Lin Qiong didn't refute it.

All this made Gu Chengxiao's heart restless.