Chapter 5

Xu Qiu was taken aback by Lin Qu, but he soon regained his composure.

Even though he had a good impression of Lin Qu, but he really didn't have any emotions about liking and admiration.

He never thought about it before.

Besides, his previous marriage partner was Lin Qiong, so it was impossible for him to have that kind of affection for his cousin, let alone Lin Qu, even Lin Qiong, the fiancée himself, had never liked him.

On the one hand, it may be that he is not enlightened and has no such awareness at all. When he was young, he preferred to play with boys, and he also has things he wants to do when he grows up. On the other hand, it is because Lin Qiong, who has not yet been transmigrated by the protagonist, is really the best, and her reputation in the village is not good.

Personality is also somewhat arrogant and unreasonable.

Before Xu Qiu recovered his memory, he was even annoyed and wanted to break off the engagement, but of course the adults didn't take his thoughts seriously.

After being surprised for a while, Xu Qiu didn't take this to heart anymore. Even though Lin Qiong had wandered over to the protagonist Gong many times two months ago, hoping to have a conversation with the protagonist Gong, according to the plot Well, the two should already have a good impression of each other and have met many times, so he doesn't have to worry about this so-called fiancé title. But in the end, the main reason is that he doesn't want to get involved in the battle between the protagonist Shou and the vicious cannon fodder. After all, it's because he likes him, not because he likes the other party. What's more, it's not wise to be with his cousin after retiring things.

Xu Qiu put this behind him and continued to move towards the destination.

North Vietnam is known as the Land of Exiles.

And in their village, there are many exiled criminals.

He was going to the home of a criminal.

Those exiled here will still be managed centrally, and there is a quarry near their village, so some people are arranged to live here. But although this residence is quite close to their village, in fact, the two sides are still separated, and they rarely communicate with each other on weekdays, and they have no time to communicate.

Ordinary villagers dare not get too close to them.

But Xu Qiu doesn't care, their Xu family has some status in the village, and the people in charge here are also a force with them. His father said hello, so it's okay for him to come here.

Soon, Xu Qiu arrived at the place.

It can be seen with the naked eye that the houses here are much dilapidated compared with those in their village. They are dilapidated, like dilapidated houses, and the rooms are small in size and the height of the houses is not high enough, making it uncomfortable to live in. Xu Qiu went to one of the houses familiarly.

After waiting for a while, a tall man with a handsome face and an elegant man in his thirties and forties with a beard came back.

As soon as he saw him, the handsome man smiled: "Xu Qiu, you're here."

"Yeah." Xu Qiu also smiled: "Cheng Xiao, sir, I brought you meat and the pears I went to pick a few days ago, come and taste them."

"Okay." The man replied: "Wait a minute, our bodies are covered with dust, go wash your hands before coming here." The two of them had just returned from working in the quarry, and their clothes were covered with dust on their hands and faces. , It won't work without cleaning it.

In fact, if conditions permit, the two would like to take a quick bath and wash off all the dust on their bodies, but this is impossible. They will continue to work in the afternoon, even if they take a bath now, they will wait a while It will continue to be dirty.

Moreover, if the clothes are washed too much, they tend to rot easily. They don't have much money to buy more clothes.

Taking advantage of this gap, Xu Qiu took out his own book, and then asked the elegant man about his own questions. The other man was washing his hands slowly while listening, and after listening, he gave him the details carefully. answer. Soon, the two of them finished washing and sat at the table to eat pears.

After eating, start cooking.

After the elegant man answered his question, he continued to explain the other contents of the book to him.

Taking advantage of a gap, the handsome man, that is, Gu Chengxiao, said, "According to your progress, it may be very easy to take the imperial examination in a few years."

Xu Qiu also felt that he would definitely be able to pass the exam. In his previous life, his grades in school were very good, his learning ability was not lacking, and his memory was also very good, but he couldn't stop studying late! The Four Books and Five Classics were only learned in the last two months.

He said: "It depends on the situation, anyway, take the test slowly, don't worry."

Xu Qiu was really not in a hurry, his family was in good condition, and his two elder brothers were also promising. In North Vietnam, they relied on powerful forces, and generally no one would provoke them. He himself has a certain ability to earn money, so there is really no need to worry.

He would want to take the imperial examination, because this territory is too poor, otherwise it would not become a famous place of exile.

Just seeing that the two in front of them were exiled near their village, one can imagine that their village would not be a good place.

The climate here is changeable, just because the sun is shining during this period of time makes people panic, Xu Qiu can't stand it for a long time. It was better not to awaken the memory before, after all, I have been in this environment since I was a child, now that I have awakened, it is even more unbearable.

And if you want to leave North Vietnam and go to other places, the best way is to pass the imperial examination.

Of course, it's not impossible to leave directly, but that's not interesting, what will he do after he goes out? Even if it is a small business, and he went outside without the protection of other forces, he could still see traces of alien races on his face, and he might be offended, so it would be better to stay at home, at least their status here is still good .

So it would be great if you become an official through the imperial examination, because you have both status and reputation.

is the best way to get out of your current situation.

Xu Qiu thought about the imperial examination before he recovered his memory, but there was no movement, there was no way, not to mention his village, even the whole of North Vietnam, there were not many scholars. He wanted to learn before, but he couldn't find anyone who could teach him. There were no schools or private schools in towns or counties. In the surrounding environment, it was impossible to read the Four Books and Five Classics.

Xu Qiu could read and write.

Since he was a child, he was too weak to work, so his family was trying to find a way to make a living for him, and finally sent him to the doctor in the village to study medicine.

The doctor's medical skills are good, everyone in the village sees a doctor there, Xu Qiu's own health is also the same, maybe because of his natural talent, over time, he has learned much better than the doctor, and now the nearby army sometimes drags him to see a doctor. If it wasn't because he was from the Xu family, the army probably wouldn't let him be so leisurely.

It wasn't until the appearance of Gu Chengxiao and the other two a while ago that Xu Qiu picked up his idea of imperial examination again.