Chapter 57

After leaving the old Lin's courtyard, Lin Qu asked Xu Qiu what was going on.

Xu Qiu said softly: "The dark yellow makeup was smeared on the face. After we entered, it should be turned around on purpose so as not to let us stare at it all the time."

This answer was not surprising to Lin Qu, anyway, he would not believe that Mrs. Lin was really seriously ill.

If that's the case, I'm afraid the whole family would have gone to the medical center long ago, not only asking for money, but also asking Xu Qiu to help cure the disease. Believe in a doctor who doesn't know where he came from.

After all, there is no real danger to life, so I am not in a hurry.

"Then what are you going to do?"

Xu Qiu replied: "Go and check the details of that doctor first, and then proceed to the next step after everything is clear."

A doctor who likes to drink talisman water to others is no different from bluffing and cheating in the eyes of the police, especially this person has joined forces with Lao Lin's family to cheat money, which shows his moral character. But everything still has to wait until after the investigation can really draw a conclusion.

After leaving, Xu Qiu did not return to the Lin family, but went to find the patriarch.

When the patriarch saw Xu Qiu, he knew why he came, and he asked them to sit down. After Xu Qiu asked, the patriarch said what he knew: "That doctor is from another place. During this period of time, I also gained some fame, and I often opened some talisman papers for people to take back and burn them with water to drink, but there are not many people in our village who buy them."

But when it comes to things such as the theory of gods and ghosts, everyone is also in awe.

That's it, Xu Qiu listened, this person is from another place, and there are no victims in their village. The key point is that even the victims themselves don't necessarily feel that they have been cheated, so it seems that it is better to let the clan handle this matter. Not so reasonable. Xu Qiu also couldn't directly let the people in the clan deal with them forcibly. He knew that with his current status in the Xu family, it was possible to do this, but it was not necessary.

Moreover, he is going to be an official in the future, and doing such a thing is a bright handle.

After inquiring about the news with the patriarch, he left again.

It seems that maybe you can consider reporting to the official.

The government can be regarded as a force in the local area. The government can't control the interior of the big local snakes, but ordinary people can still control it.

What's more, according to his father, the newly appointed county magistrate is quite active in doing things, and he is not the kind of corrupt official.

If not, don't be in a hurry, go back to Lin's house for dinner, and then go back to town after the afternoon.

While asking his elder brother to help inquire about the doctor's details, on the other hand, Xu Qiu directly went to the Yamen, sued the doctor for defrauding the money, and asked the Yamen to help find out the truth.

He felt that the details of things like Fu Shui should be clearer in the interior. Since their county magistrate came from the imperial court, they should have seen many such cases, and maybe they should be handled more quickly.

For people like him, if you look for them directly, and there is no real evidence, it is naturally impossible to see the county magistrate at once, but their new county magistrate here has regulations, and every person who comes to report will be recorded in the register, Xu After Qiu passed by, the subordinate staff recorded his case and asked him to go back and wait.