(Pokémon) Thank You? - Professor Sycamore

Requested?: No

Prompt: None

Type of oneshot: Fluff

Reader's Relations: None

Reader's Home Region: Kalos

Reader's Pokémon Team: Froakie (others up to you/unmentioned)

Warnings: None

Other notes: None

—-------------------------

"SOPHIE! Where are you?!" I shouted, coming out of the room where the injured and sick Pokémon were.

"Oh, hello, (Y/n). Need something?" I turned around to see the girl in question walking up to me, a Chespin by her side.

"How could you? You said you'd keep it a secret!" I shouted again, not caring if anyone else heard us, I was annoyed and Sophie deserved what was coming.

"I don't know what you're talking about, (Y/n). Seriously, why has got you so mad?"

I took a deep breath, muttering, "Clear skies, clear skies," to myself before turning back to Sophie, "I told you to keep m crush a secret! Why did you tell him?!"

"Oh that... It's for your own good, (Y/n). Trust me."

"How is telling someone who is never in a million years going to like me in the same way that I like him that I have a crush on him 'for my own good'?! I thought you were my friend, Sophie! This is why the professor's been ignoring me because he doesn't want to speak to me!" At this, my Froakie, who had been watching the scene play out from my feet sent a water gun right in Sophie's face.

"(Y/n), please stop shouting! Unless you want the whole of Lumiose City to hear you!" Sophie spoke, wiping the worst of the water from her face.

"And what is going on here?"

We both turned on our heels, Froakie jumping on my shoulder, to see Professor Sycamore standing there, a look of disappointment on his face, Gabby standing behind him. I felt my face turn red at the realisation that he'd heard our argument and looked down at my feet, neither me nor Sophie saying a word.

"I will ask you again, why were you arguing?"

Again I stayed quiet, continuing with my newfound fascination with the floor, still annoyed at Sophie for letting the proverbial Meostic out of the bag, but I still didn't want to admit it to the Professor's face that I had a massive crush on him.

"Well, I see neither of you will talk, if I hear anything about any arguments for the rest of the day, you'll have to be shut in a room together until you learn to get along."

I nodded, Sophie doing the same, and Professor Sycamore turned around, giving Gabby a pat on the muzzle, before turning back around to face us, "Oh, and (Y/n), I need to speak with you, alone." The last word seemed to be directed towards Gabby, as the friendly Garchomp nodded, allowing Froakie to jump on her shoulder, and walked off in a different direction. I let out an involuntary gulp and nodded, "Yes Professor, of course." even though I knew fine well why he wanted to talk to me, I could already hear it in my head, (Y/n), I know you have a 'crush' on me, so to speak, however, this is a professional setting, and I am your boss, and that's all I will ever be. We soon reached his office and the door was closed behind me.

"(Y/n), do you have any idea why I wanted to speak to you?"

I gulped, before taking a deep breath in, "Listen, just let me say this, Professor. I am so sorry! I know it's unprofessional of me to have a crush on you when you're my boss, but I can't help it. I-" I was cut off when he placed a finger on my lips, causing my eyes to widen as he leaned into my ear, whispering, "I can think of better things for your mouth to be doing right now than these apologies."

I felt my face turn the same colour as the inside of a Fennekin's ears and my eyes widened but before I could say anything, Professor Sycamore had kissed me, pinning me against the closed door. It was short, but once he broke away, he leaned into my ear again, "I think you should go and thank Sophie." I just stood there, perplexed, lifting a finger to my lips, "A-am I dreaming right now?"

The professor just chuckled, moving his hands to hold my hips, "Need me to confirm that this is reality?" I slowly nodded and he leaned closer, kissing me again.

"Definitely not dreaming. Professor, what does this make us?"

"Well, after what Sophie told me, I was hoping you'd like to be my girlfriend."

My eyes widened again, "I'd love to be your girlfriend. I-is that all, Professor? I need to go and check on some of the injured Pokémon."

"One thing. From now on, call me Augustine, Ma Cherie."

I felt my cheeks tint again at the nickname, and nodded, "Will do Augustine." With a final goodbye, I turned around and left his office.

"Someone's happy."

"Oh be quiet, Sophie. I-I'm sorry for both shouting at and doubting you and also thank you."

"You're welcome. So, can I be a bridesmaid at the wedding?"

I felt my face flare up bright red again, "SOPHIE! TOO EARLY FOR THAT!"

-----------------------END OF ONESHOT

Here's just some fluff. I have another idea that I will be writing probably either later tonight or tomorrow...