Friendship Through the Ages - Professor Sycamore x Childhood Friend! Reader

Requested?: No

Prompt: None

Type of oneshot: Fluff

Reader's Relations: Sycamore's best friend since childhood

Reader's Home Region: Kalos

Warnings: None

Other notes: None

--------------------------AGE 11

"Come back here! I'm gonna get you, August!"

"Oh really! Well you've got to catch me first, (Y/n)!"

I growled and continued to chase him around the back garden of my parents' house, the two of us were inseparable. Eventually I managed to catch up to him and pounced on him, causing us both to fall onto the grass, in a laughing fit.

"Come on you two time for bed!" I heard my mum calling and I grabbed August's hand, dragging him inside and up to my room as he was staying overnight for a sleepover, something we did regularly.

---------------

However unfortunately, when I turned 15, my parents forced me to move. I had no choice in it as had to say goodbye to my best friend. Then, years later, I was offered a job at the Pokémon Lab back in Kalos. I was excited and as I stepped off the plane from Unova, all the memories of my childhood came flooding back to me. I turned to my Dedenne, who was perched on my shoulder, "So, shall we go see if we randomly bump into August?"

Dedenne nodded and I smiled turning to my Emolga, "Come on. Follow me!"

"(Y/n)!! WAIT!"

I ignored the calls from my friend and dashed off to Lumiose City, finding the Lab rather easily. I knocked on the door and took a deep breath, however, I was surprised when a woman opened the door, "Hello there, I'm guessing your (Y/n), right?"

I nodded, "Yep, that's me. I was told just to come straight here when I arrived."

"Of course, come on it, I'll go and tell the professor you've arrived. I'm Sophie by the way."

"Nice to meet you, Sophie."

She smiled at me and walked off. A few minute later, I noticed a Garchomp standing behind a plant as if trying to hide from me. However, said Garchomp walked over to me and immediately started nuzzling into my hand in content. I smiled , "Hello there. Aren't you friendly. Where's your tr-"

"Gabby! There you are! What did we say abo-Wow. (Y/n) is that you?"

I looked towards the voice and my eyes widened in surprise and happiness as I ran over to the black-haired male in a lab coat ,"August, I missed you!!!"

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to work. I was sent and invitation to come and work here," I smiled up at him after releasing him from the hug.

"Oh. I knew we were getting a new member of our team. I had no idea it would be you though, (Y/n). I'm so happy to see you!"

"Oh Professor there you are. The new re-I see you already met her then."

"Ahh, Sophie. You have no idea, I've known (Y/n) here since we were children."

Sophie then turned to me, "I thought you were from Unova. Did I just miss something?" I shook my head, "No, I was born in Kalos and lived here until I was 15, then my parents moved to Unova and I was forced to go with them. So yeah."

--------------------------

A few weeks later, I found a note in my bag when I got home and took it out, "(Y/n), meet me at (Random café in Lumiose City), 26th of July, 10am. - Augustine." I giggled and put the note on my bedside table on top of my phone so that I would see it in the morning and went to bed. When I got up in the morning, I got dressed and made my way down to the café that had been mentioned on the note. When I arrived, it was around 10 to 10, and Augustine was already there. I smiled and walked up to him, "Hello!"

"Ahh, hello, (Y/n)."

"So, why'd you leave me a note to meet you here?"

"Hm? You left me a note asking me to meet you here."

I blinked, "I didn't write any note."

We soon came to the conclusion that Sophie and Cosette had set us up but still we needed an opportunity to catch up with each other after not having seen each other for years, and decided to go inside the café, sitting down. While we were sitting there drinking the hot chocolate (if u don't like it, just change it) I giggled, "You know this seems an awful lot like a date."

Augustine looked up from his coffee and nodded placing the cup back down on the table, "D-do you want it to become one, (Y/n)?" he asked, his face going red. I nodded, my face going the same colour and turned my attention back to my hot chocolate. However, a few minutes later, Augustine caught my attention again, "(Y/n)?"

"Hm?" I asked, looked up from my hot chocolate. Instead of responding, he moved his now empty cup of coffee out of the way and leaned over, kissing me. My face turned bright red and he broke off, his face now the colour of the inside of a Fennekin's ears. I giggled and hid my face behind my cup. He just chuckled awkwardly, "Y-you had hot chocolate on your face, (Y/n). I-I was just removing it for you."

I giggled in response an took his cheek in my hand, kissing him, "You don't have to lie to me, August, I know your true intentions, you just wanted to kiss me. I know you, if you really only did it because of some hot chocolate, then you would have told me I had hot chocolate all over my mouth rather than kissing me. We're childhood friends, I can read you like a book. That's one of the things that make me fall in love with you in the first place."

He chuckled awkwardly again, "Well.. Uh.. I-I guess you caught me." I giggled and kissed him again. Breaking off, I whispered, "You had coffee stains around your mouth."

Just as his face had calmed down, it flared bright red again, causing me to giggle, "I'm messing with you."

------------------------END OF ONESHOT

And another one written... hehe so many oneshots..