Well, That's a Surprise - Lily

Requested: No

Type of Oneshot: Fluff

Reader's Relations: James' sister

Reader's House: Hufflepuff

Reader's Year: 6th (so are the Marauders)

Timing: Marauders' Era

Warnings: None

Other Notes: I'm in this (and I'm dating Remus, cause he's bean), as well as my OCs Arianna (who's in Hufflepuff) and Alyssa (who's in Gryffindor). Also, I'm writing this as if the Yule Ball (and ig the Tri-Wizard Tournament) happened during the Marauders Era too, idk if it did, but just putting this here in case it didn't

------------------------

"Ari! I told you I have no interest in playing this game!" I spoke out as she dragged me down the stairs from our dorm to the common room, "It'll be fun, (Y/n). I promise!"

"The last time you promised me something, it didn't go well for you, so I don't think you should be promising me anything."

She just rolled her eyes in response and pulled me down the final few stairs to the common room where a group of our friends were, a mix of Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors.

"Gimme! I want the chocolate!"

"No, Remus, it's for the game, stop it!"

"But I want the chocolate!"

"Just give him one, Jen. He's not going to let up unless you give him some," I said, joining the group as I saw Remus trying to get the box of, what I guessed to be some form of chocolate biscuit, from Jen. She sighed and opened it, taking one out and handing it to Remus, making the latter smile and hug her, "Thank you."

"So what are we playing?" I asked, sitting down between Arianna and my brother.

"Jen came up with it, some muggle game, I think," James replied.

"It's called the 'Pocky Game', normally, you'd dare two people to do it, but we're going to use an empty bottle, and no, this hasn't had alcohol in it, it's an empty bottle of J2O," Jen replied, grabbing hold of a bottle and putting it in the middle of the circle, "What we do is one of us will spin the bottle and whoever it lands on they have to play the Pocky Game with them. How that works is you take one stick of Pocky and you each take an end in your mouth and take it in turns to take a bite and the first person to pull away loses. I used to play it with some of my muggle friends over the holidays and it got a few couples together, cause if neither of you pull away then you end up kissing."

"Interesting, so who's going first?" I asked.

"I'll go first to show you lot how to play properly," Jen replied leaning over and spinning the bottle. To her luck, it landed on Remus, who seemed quite excited at this. Jen took one of the pieces of Pocky from the box and put the non-chocolaty end in her mouth, turning around to face Remus, who took the other end in his mouth. They took it in turns to take bites until they ended up meeting in the middle and kissing.

"The thing is, you two actually want to kiss each other. There are several people in this room I would not want to kiss."

"That's the thing, (Y/n), you don't HAVE to kiss them, just pull away," Jen replied, "Now, who wants to go next? I know, Ari, how about you?" I looked to my right to see Arianna with a petrified look on her face, "D-do I have to? I mean, I think (Y/n) wants a go first."

Jen then turned to me, "Okay then, (Y/n), you go."

I rolled my eyes and leaned forward, spinning the bottle. Once it stopped, I looked up at who it landed on and, well let's just say it was a good thing the fire was the only thing keeping the common room light, as it meant no one could see the blush on my face; Lily.

"Oh come on! You're so damn lucky, (Y/n)."

I rolled my eyes and punched James in the shoulder, "Just cause you want to kiss her." I turned to Jen and took a piece of Pocky from the box, shifting myself so I was facing Lily and put an end of the Pocky in my mouth, waiting for her to do the same, which she did, hesitantly. We kept taking small bites until there was only about a centimeter between us and I felt my face go even redder. I had a massive crush on Lily since 3rd year, and watching James constantly trying to get her to go out with him, broke my heart. He knew I was into girls and yet he still went after her. Just as I was about to pull away, not knowing whether Lily was into girls as well, I felt a hand on the back of my neck, keeping me in place las Lily leaned closer and kissed me. My eyes widened but it didn't stop me from kissing her back.

"Alright, you can stop rubbing it in my face now, (Y/n)."

I broke off and slapped James on the arm again, "Hmph, just cause I managed to get the girl you've been pining over for 5 years, doesn't call for that sort of comment." I sat back down in my space and Arianna leaned into my ear, "See, told you that you would enjoy it."

-------------------------LILY'S POV

"So... anyone asked you to the Yule Ball yet, Lily?"

"Yes actually, why do you want to know?"

"Who is it?"

I just let out a sigh, "Why do you need to know?"

"Because I want to know the lucky guy that got you to go with him! Just tell me, Lils!"

"Fine, I'm going with Potter. That what you wanted to know?"

Alyssa's face brightened up, "So you finally decided to give Potter a chance? After all that pining for you?"

"You could say that," I replied, giving her a small smirk, "You going with anyone?" Alyssa shook her head, "No one's asked me yet."

------------------------YOUR POV

I paced nervously outside the Gryffindor common room, waiting for Lily, as it was our designated meeting spot, then we'd walk down to the Great Hall together. That was when the Marauders, as they called themselves, rushed out, Sirius bumping into me, "Woah sore-oh wow... Prongs, why didn't you tell me your sister was hot in a dress?"

"You never had a chance anyway, Black, now leave me alone," I replied after he helped me stand up. Sirius just smirked, "Well, if your date decides not to show, you know who to come to." I rolled my eyes and smacked him as the four of them ran off towards the Great Hall. A few minutes later, Lily appeared and my jaw literally dropped, "Oh Merlin, you look gorgeous."

"Thank you. You look amazing too, (Y/n)."

I smiled and we linked arms going down to the Great Hall, where students were waiting outside for the ball to start. Lily and I walked down the stairs and students started whispering to each other. Things like, "Whoever asked those two is really lucky,", "I wish I'd asked one of them now." and "Wow, they look amazing." As we got to the bottom, James ran up to me, "(Y/n)! Where's your date? Did they not show?"

I rolled me eyes and pushed him off me, "No, you dunce. You should know who my date is anyway," I tapped him on the nose and too Lily's hand in mine as she giggled and pecked my cheek. It was then that we heard someone calling Lily's name and turned around to see Alyssa running up, "I thought you were going with Potter! That's what you told me!"

"I am, I just never specified which Potter I was going with," Lily replied, "Come on, (Y/n). let's go in."

—------------------------END OF ONESHOT

So this was just supposed to be the Pocky bit, but I thought it was a bit short so I added the Yule Ball bit.