The Past is Not the Present - Professor Sycamore

Requested?: No

Prompt: None

Type of oneshot: Angst/Fluff

Reader's Relations: Lysandre's sister

Reader's Home Region: Kalos

Warnings: None that I can think of

Other notes: heheheheheheh

------------------

I sighed and placed the small basket down on the door of the lab in Lumiose City, placing the small note I'd written on top. I knocked on the door before quickly bringing out my Dragonite, hopping on her back and flying off.

SOPHIE'S POV

Walking past the lab's door, I heard a knock, however, when I opened the door, all I saw was a small basket with a sheet of paper on top. I was confused until I heard crying and picked up the basket, seeing a baby wrapped in a bundle. I gasped and picked up the basket after seeing the professor's name written on the paper and went back inside the lab.

SYCAMORE'S POV

"Sophie? Who was that?" I asked as she closed the door.

"Something for you apparently, Professor, here," she replied handing me a small basket. I took it from her and picked up the note, reading it; 'I'm sorry I have to do this, but it's to protect her. I thought it would be best for you to name her as I won't be in her life and I wish for you to give her your surname. I hope you can understand that I want her to have a normal life. Please don't tell anyone of what a criminal her mother is. Yours, (Y/n)' I blinked a few times and pocketed the note before picking up the small child, giving a soft but saddened smile.

"What is it, Professor?"

"She's my daughter, apparently," I replied, bringing the small girl closer to me in order to try to calm her down.

"Huh?! But how?! You've like never mentioned anything about relationship's not even a girlfriend of anything like that!"

"It never came up, Sophie, plus it's my personal life you didn't need to know," I replied before turning back to the baby in my arms, "I guess I'll call you Holly."

----------------------

"Dad, are you ever going to tell me where my mum is?"

I sighed and looked down at the now 12-year-old, "Holly, your mum doesn't want to be found or known to you. If she did she wouldn't have left!"

She placed a hand on my shoulder, "I can tell you miss her too. Is this what she looks like?" she continued, handing me a photo. I looked down at it, a sad expression on my face, I masked it and ran my thumb over the framed photo, it was a photo of me and (Y/n) that Sophie and Cosette had admitted to snapping, the two of us having been caught in the midst of a kiss, (Y/n)'s arms hanging around my a red/orange mask in one hand, and my arms wrapped around her waist. I sighed and nodded, "Yes, that's your mother."

Holly took a deep breath as she took the phot back, "Dad, I want to go find my mum."

I blinked for a moment and patted her on the shoulder, "If that's what you want, then you can try to, but I'll warn you, she hasn't been seen anywhere in Kalos for 12 years. The exact year you were born, she disappeared from Kalos."

I noticed her facial expression drop, but she soon perked up again, "Then I guess I'll have to start searching the other regions!"

I let out a small chuckle and ruffled her hair, "That's my girl."

------------------HOLLY'S POV

"Out of my way, out of my- Oh my I am so so sorry!" I blew out the water that had found its way into my mouth from the nearby fountain where I found myself now after having been knocked into it. I got out and sighed wiping my face dry as the blonde girl continued to apologise, "Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!"