Just the Way You Are - Remus

Requested?: No

Prompt: None

Type of oneshot: Angst/Fluff/Songfic

Timing: Marauders' Era (5th Year)

Reader's Relations: Remus' girlfriend

Reader's House: Gryffindor

Warnings: None

Other notes: None

--------------------------------

"REMUS LUPIN!" I shouted, running into the Gryffindor common room. However, he was nowhere to be seen. I spotted his friends lounging on the sofas and walked over, "Have you guys seen Remus? I need to talk to him about something."

"By the way you shouted when you can in, not sure if we should tell you, (Y/n)," Sirius spoke, giving me a smirk. I rolled my eyes, "Tell me, or you'll end up in the Black Lake."

"He's up in our dorm, (Y/n)."

I smiled towards James, putting my wand away, "Thank you, Jemmy. You are now my second favourite Marauder," I replied, patting him on the head before heading up to the dorm I knew the boys shared. I knocked on the door politely, "Rem? You in there?"

"Come in."

I opened the door and walked in to see him lying on his back on his bed. I closed the door behind me and walked over. "How could you not tell me?!"

"W-what?"

"Why didn't you tell me about the 'werewolf' thing? I'm your girlfriend, Remus! We tell each other everything!" I shouted out, tears starting to come to my eyes. Remus sat up from his bed, "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you. I didn't want you to leave me because of it. I thought that if you knew what a monster I was then you wouldn't want to be with me anymore."

I sat down next to him, placing a hand on his shoulder, "I would never break up with you because you're a werewolf. I just wish you'd told me! Is there anything else you're hiding from me?" When I received silence in response I stood up and left, "I'm sorry, but if you don't tell me things, then I don't know if I can trust you, Remus."

"A-are you breaking up with me?" he asked, to which I just responded with silence and left.

-------------------------

"(L/n)! What did you do to Moony?!"

I looked up from my Transfiguration essay to see James and Sirius standing over me, annoyed looks on their faces.

"Huh?"

"He won't leave the dorm room! What did you say to him!?" James shouted, putting his hands down on the table in front of me, "Tell us."

"All I asked him was why didn't he tell me about his, as you put it, 'furry little problem. Then he asked me if I was going to break up with him, and I asked him how he expected me to trust him about anything else when he didn't tell me something very important."

"So you did break up with him?"

I nodded, "Yes. I don't want to be with someone if I can't trust them and if they don't trust me enough to tell me something like that. Now, if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you comes up with another idea to distract me from passing this exam," I replied standing up and packing up my parchment. However, before I could make it to the stairs to the girls' dorms, a hand grabbed my wrist, "(L/n), he's miserable without you!"

"Then he should have told me about his furry little problem when we started dating!" I shouted, getting out of James' grip and walking up the stairs quickly, knowing he wouldn't be able to get up, due to the enchantment on them, meaning the boys couldn't get into the girls' dorms.

-----------------------

A few days later, I realised my mistake and knew how I wanted to make it up to Remus, however, it would involve getting two certain individuals to help me... Two I knew probably wouldn't want to help after I 'made their best friend miserable for a week', as Sirius has put it, but I had to try. After Potions, I caught up with the two of them and tapped Sirius on the shoulder, "Can you two help me with something?" I asked after they'd turned around.

"Why? And what is it?"

"I know I messed up with Remus and I realised I shouldn't have broken up with him. I realised why he didn't tell me, it wasn't because he didn't trust me or anything, he was just scared, and I want to show him that. All I need from you two is just to ask him to meet either one of you by the Black Lake after lunch. Please?"

"For Moony's sake, we'll help you."

I smiled and hugged the two of them, "Thank you!"

----------------------

I sat on the grass tapping my foot against it nervously waiting for Remus to show up. He soon did and was surprised to see me, "(Y/n)? I thought I was meeting Sirius. At least he asked me to meet him here."

"I asked him to ask you to meet him here so I could talk to you. Sit down, please. I-I want to apologise for what I said, Remus."

He blinked and sat down on the grass and I pulled out my guitar, starting to strum, "Oh, your eyes, your eyes, make the stars look like they're not shining. Your hair, your hair falls perfectly without you trying. You're so beautiful and I should tell you every day. Yeah, I know, I know when I compliment you you don't believe me, and it's so, it's so sad to think that you don't see what I see, but every time you ask me, "Do I look okay?", I say, "When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change, cause you're amazing, just the way you are, and when you smile the whole world stops and stares for a while, cause boy you're amazing, just the way you are," I paused and looked up at him seeing his face slightly red and his eyes widen, "Your lips, your lips, I could kiss them all day if you'd let me, your laugh, your laugh, you hate but I think it's so sexy. You're so beautiful, and I tell you every day. Oh, you know you know I'd never ask you to change, if perfect's what you're searching for then just stay the same. So don't even both asking if you look okay, you know I'll say, "When I see your face there's not a thing that I would change, cause you're amazing just the way you are, and when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while, cause your amazing just the way you are. The way you are, the way you are, boy you're amazing just the way you are. When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change, 'cause you're amazing, just the way you are, and when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while 'cause boy you're amazing just the way you are, yeah." Once I'd stopped singing, I put my guitar down but before I could say anything else, Remus hugged me. I was shocked as I hadn't expected him to forgive me that easily, but I returned the hug, wrapping my arms around him.

"That makes me feel so much better, (Y/n). Thank you."

I smiled, "So, you forgive me for breaking up with you? Remus, I love you so much, you should know I don't care about the lycanthropy. I'll help you through it too. I know your friends are animagi, they're unregistered ones though, however, I, somehow am a registered animagus. I can help you through it when it happens." He hugged me, "T-thank you, I love you too, (Y/n)."

-------------------------------END OF ONESHOT

Hehe more Marauders oneshots... please request, it makes me sad if people don't request...