Taking the Blame - Mey-Rin x Noble! Reader

"Lady (Y/n)?"

"Yes, Alana?" I replied standing up from my desk.

"Are you ready to go?"

I looked at her confused, "What do you mean, Alana?"

"Your meeting with Lord Phantomhive, ma'am. Do you not remember?"

I slapped my forehead, "Thank you for reminding me, Alana. What would I do without you?"

-------------------

When we arrived, Sebastian greeted us before walking off, probably to find his master. I smiled and waited in the hallway. I soon caught sight of someone polishing a vase and it looking like it was going to topple over. I walked over to her and smiled, catching the vase as it dropped. I placed it back on the table, startling the girl, "Eek!"

"Sorry, did I startle you? I didn't mean to."

"No, it's fine. If you don't mind me asking, are you a new maid here? I've never seen you before."

"No, I'm not. I'm here to meet with Lord Phantomhive. Something about business relations to between our companies."

This startled her again, "I''m sorry!" she then knocked over the vase again, "Oh no. The Young Master's going to fire me for this!" she started panicking again. I placed a hand on her shoulder, "Here, I help you clean up."

"Oh no, you don't have to! I'm the maid here!"

"And it's my fault for startling you." I bent down and proceeded to pick up the pieces of the broken vase.

"Mey-Rin, what is going on here?" The girl stood up, "I'm sorry Sebastian but-" I cut her off, "It was my fault. I accidentally knocked into the table and the vase fell off." Mey-Rin looked at me, horror on her face.

"It's perfectly alright, Lady (L/n). Don't worry about it," Sebastian replied before bending down and picking up the broken vase. Once he'd collected all the pieces, he stood up and walked off.

"Lady (L/n)?"

"Yes?" I asked, turning back to her.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you take the blame for my mistake?"

"Because, as you said before your master would fire you, even though, I don't think he'd go that far. It's just one mistake."

"Lady (Y/n)."

I turned around to be faced with the young Lord himself, "Lord Phantomhive, good to see you again."

"Indeed. We can talk in my study. Sebastian, prepare some tea." The butler nodded before walking off presumably to the kitchen. I turned back to Ciel and followed him to his study, Alana following behind me.

"Miss (Y/n)?"

"Yes, Alana?"

"Are you keeping in mind what your parents said?"

"I know, Alana. They want me to be married before I turn 25."

She nodded, "Have you got anyone in mind?"

"Alana please, stop teasing me. If I did, then you'd be the first to know."

----------------------

Over the next few months, I kept returning to the Phantomhive estate to talk about business plans with Ciel, but later on, I realised that wasn't the only reason.

"Lady (Y/n), is there a reason why you keep coming over?"

"Are you calling me a liar, Lord Phantomhive?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him.