Amnesia - Professor Sycamore x Reader

Requested?: No

Prompt: None

Type of oneshot: Songfic

Song: Amnesia - 5SoS (Don't judge my song choices okay)

Reader's Relations: None

Reader's Home Region: Kalos

Warnings: None?

Other notes: Don't ask where this idea came from...... I was just listening to this song, and I thought of it okay.

--------------------------

"(Y/n), calm down."

"But this is so exciting! I have never left the Kalos region before! I better bring my Pokédex to see all the different Pokémon in Unova!"

"Have you told the professor yet?"

That stopped me in my tracks, "Uhh... no. I kinda forgot to tell him."

Sophie just rolled her eyes, "You should probably do that, (Y/n)." I nodded and placed the Skiddo that was currently sitting on my lap, asleep, on the floor again and stood up, leaving the garden and walking up to the Professor's office, "Um, Professor, I need to talk to you about something, if you're not busy."

"Come on in, (Y/n)."

I smiled and opened the door, entering and closing it behind me, "So, um, I got invited to go and do some research in Unova... and I just came to ask if you didn't mind me leaving."

"How long will you be gone for?" he asked, looking at me in the eye.

I took a deep breath, "Six months."

"Then I hope you have a good time, (Y/n). You'll be missed until your return, but all research is important."

I smiled, "Thank you, Professor!"

--------------------SYCAMORE'S POV

After (Y/n) had left for her research trip to Unova, I realised how much I was in love with her. All the other assistants in the lab, and Gabby, had been telling me that I was in love with her, but I didn't believe them. It was then that the memories of the day she told me she was leaving came flooding back to me.

I(Y/n) face was a mass smile when she was talking about the research she'd been doing. It was one of the things that made me fall in love with; here dedication to her work and how much she enjoyed it. While she was away, the days seemed to drag on. She was like the light in my life.

-------------------

Several months later, and my mood still hadn't improved according to Sophie. I knew she could tell what was wrong, and I knew that she knew how I felt for (Y/n) from the start. There was several times when Sophie would literally have to draw me out of my office to see the sun, as I didn't want to leave myself. I looked at my phone (or whatever they call it in the Pokémon universe) and immediately had to put it down again as my lock screen was a picture of (Y/n), that I'd taken when she was caught off-guard, of her playing with some of the Pokémon in the lab. It was then that a song came on on the radio, and reminded me of (Y/n).

5 Seconds of Summer - Amnesia (Official Video)

(Just watch the vid, cause I can't be bothered with putting the lyrics in)

I sighed as the song neared its end, not caring about the tears that were falling down my cheeks anymore. I then heard a knock on the door, and I quickly wiped the tears before allowing them entry.

"Professor, there's someone who wants to see you in the foyer."

I looked up, "Thank you, Sophie, I'll go now."

She smiled at me and nodded before leaving, closing the door behind her. I stood up and left my office, walking down to the foyer of the lab, where I saw a young girl stroking Gabby's muzzle, with the latter enjoying it happily, as if she knew the girl. I approached her and asked, "Excuse me, I was told you were looking for me? May I was your name, young mademoiselle?"

She just giggled in response.

YOUR POV

I giggled, "Really, Professor? I know I've been away for six months, but that does not give you an excuse to forget who I am now, does it?" He just looked at me confused and I took off my sunglasses, "There." His face lit up and he embraced me in a hug, squishing me, "(Y/n)!! I missed you!"

"Ow! Please put me down before you break my spine!"

He immediately put me down and rubbed the back of his neck, "Sorry, I guess..."

"You're just excited to see her again? Just tell her, Professor, you've been crushing on (Y/n) forever, literally since she walked in for the first time. We all can tell, and it's time that you two got together, seriously, it's driving us all crazy how much we can tell that you two are pining for each other," Sophie interupted, causing the professor's face to go bright red. She just smirked and walked off, Gabby following her, leaving just me and the professor in the foyer. I finally decided to break the tension, "Is what Sophie said true?"

He bit his lip slightly and turned away from, nodding. I blinked and felt my face turn bright red as he spoke, "Is it true what she said about you too? Do you like me back?" I nodded, "Yeah. I know it's not professional to fall in love with your bo-" He shut me up by grabbing me by the shoulders and kissing me. I blinked out of surprise but wrapped my arms around his neck, melting into the kiss. He soon wrapped his around my waist, but unfortunately, we had to break due to a lack of oxygen, which is when he spoke up, "(Y/n), I want you to stop thinking of me as your boss, and please, just call me Augustine." I smiled and gave him a hug, "I'll gladly comply to both of those requests, Augustine."

"I have one more, please never leave me again."

I giggled, "Have you been a sad little bean while I was away?"

His face went red and he turned away from me, "N-no. How did you know?"

I pecked his cheek, "You should really get better assistants... Sophie told me."

-----------------END OF ONESHOT

Hehe, now I should probably do some Latin... but ehh...... procrastination time..