Chapter 56 Pt. 2

Oli had Autumn had been getting along really well. I've never seen him so excited to talk to another little and it gave us time to get to know Clara. "What do you guys do?" She asks us and we both look at each other before answering, "I'm a lawyer" Gabe says and her eyes widen, "Wow. Do you specialize in anything?" She asks, "Yes. Finances and security" She smiles and he laughs, "That sounds very interesting" She says adjusting her legs on the picnic bench, "It's not as interesting as it may seem. It's a very rewarding job but I think it might be better to transfer to criminal law" I look at him surprised and he raises his brow, "You didn't tell me you were thinking about changing specialties?" I tell him and he shrugs, "I wasn't dead set on it yet so I didn't want to say anything just yet" He responds and I nod my head. I know he stresses a lot about his work but wanting to change specialties is a big deal. Especially if the change is to criminal law.

"I understand. I just want to make sure we talk about it before you do" He smiles and nods his head. I turn my attention back to Clara, "Following off that note, I'm a management analysist" She nods her head and gives a small smile. "Your jobs sound very unique compared to mine" She gives an awkward laugh, "I'm a dental hygienist" She says. "I'm sure you get a lot of littles who don't like the dentist" I say and she laughs, "Tell me about it. I get so many people, even adults, who tell me how much they hate or are scared of the dentist" She admits and I nod my head. We continue talking until Clara looks behind her and sees both littles coming out of the tent.

Autumn runs over to Clara and picks her up, "We's wan to go swimming!" She says excitedly and Clara looks over at us, "Do you want to join us?" She asks and we say yes. Oli runs over to me and I pick him up heading back to the tent so we can get him changed. I lay him down on his changing mat, taking off his diaper and getting swim diapers out of the bag. "Nu!" Oli whines and kicks his feet, "Oli I know you don't want to but there's nothing to be embarrassed about" I reassure him and he pouts shaking his head. "Nu want see" He says rubbing his eyes, "There's no need for tears baby boy. Can you talk to daddy?" I respond gently and he uncovers his face looking between the both of us. "Fwend say she bwing big kid toys. Nu wet pway if see diaper!" He says frustrated and I look up at Gabe who gives me a confused face, "Just because you have to wear diapers doesn't mean you can't play with the big kid toys" Gabe says and Oli looks confused.

"I still pway?" He asks and I laugh softly, "Of course. Now let's get you dressed so you can play" I slide the diaper up his legs and Oli giggles. I slide his swim shorts over his legs and he gets up, bouncing on his feet. "Come on daddies!" He says taking our hands and leading us out of the tent. I quickly grab the diaper bag and we exit to see Autumn and Clara at the edge of the lake. We walk over to them and she smiles when she sees us, "Hi Oli. Are you ready to go swimming?" She asks and Oli nods his head. "Come here Autumn" She says as the little one walks over to her. She puts on princess arm floaties and hands her some goggles. "There you go. Now you're all set" She giggles, "Tankies mommy!" She says and takes Oli's hand to lead him into the lake.

Gabe decided that it would be a good idea to have one adult in the lake to make sure they are behaving and are safe. Gabe strips off his shirt and I bite my lip, "I'll be back later" He whispers in my ear and I roll my eyes watching him walk into the lake. "You two look like a very cute couple" Clara says and I slightly blush at the comment. "Thank you" I say and chuckle awkwardly, "Did you two adopt Oli together?" I shake my head, "No I had Oli for a couple of years before I met Gabe" I say and she smiles, "I adopted Autumn single as well. I don't have a partner or anyone close to me like that but I always knew that I wanted a little to take care of" I smile at her vulnerability and nod my head. "How long have you been taking care of Autumn?" I ask her to break the silence, "A little over a year" I look at her shocked, "Oh so still pretty new then?" She laughs and nods her head, "Very new. We're still getting to know each other and her little side is very prominent. She rarely ever comes out of her headspace" She says, "It's the same with Oli. I think he feels more confident and comfortable in his headspace" I say honestly.