Chapter 2

After about 45 minutes we arrive at my house. It's a grey modern house with white trim and a wooden front door. There's a big front yard with a bench out front. I stop the car and smile at Oliver before getting out and opening up his door. He starts to pull on the straps of his car seat wanting to get out and explore the yard. I unbuckle him from the seat and hold him in my arms, "Oliver once I put you down you can explore the yard but you need to stay where I can see you. Do you understand?" He nods his head and I let him down, he immediately runs to the grass giggling. I lean against the car just watching him for a second, he seems so much happier being outside than in his room at the agency. I snap out of my daze when I realize I need to get his bags. I open my trunk and pull out his bags, setting them on the ground. I start my way to the front door when I see Oliver sitting on the bench swinging his legs smiling at me. As I open up the front door, Oliver hops off the bench and runs past me into the house. "Oliver. Come here" I say in a semi-stern tone. He looks back at me with wide eyes and shrinks down to seem smaller. He walks toward me slowly. I bend down to his level, "Don't worry Oliver you're not in trouble, I just don't want you to run in the house. You might get hurt" Oliver's expressions seem to soften when I said he wasn't in trouble. He nods his head. "Words Oliver" I am trying to get him to say his feelings out loud "Yes daddy" I look at him surprised that he called me daddy so early but I ruffle his hair. "Would you like to see your room?" His eyes light up and start bouncing. "Okay jumping bean, let's go" I lead him down the hall to his room and open the door. It has light blue walls like his old room, a crib in the corner of the room, a cabinet to put his diapers in, a toy box, lots of blankets, and a mobile above his crib. "Do you like it, Oliver?" He looks back at me with a huge smile on his face "Yes! Yes! I wuv it" I smile at that and think phew I'm glad he likes it. I wouldn't want an upset little one on the first day. 

After putting all of his clothes away with no help, I am slowly learning Oliver doesn't take too well to people asking him to do things that we will work on. I sigh out of relief knowing that his room is finished. I look at the time, 5:30. Oliver hasn't told me that he was hungry but it is dinner time. I look down at Oliver, he is playing with his dinosaur toys on his play rug. I don't want to interrupt his playtime with his toys and he's safe in here so I decided it would be okay to slip out for a little bit to make dinner. I step out into the hallway and head towards the kitchen, when I get to the kitchen, I hear small footsteps running towards the kitchen at me. I look over to see Oliver with a sad look on his face. "What's wrong little one?"  He points at me and then at his room. I give him a confused look and he starts to whine; I assume from me not fully understanding what he means. So, I try to guess, "You wanted me to play with you?" He shakes his head. "You want to bring something from your room into the living room?" He shakes his head pouting. "You have to tell me Oliver or else I won't know what you want" I bend down and he pokes my chest repeating "You" It finally clicks in my head. He wants to be near me. "Oh, Oliver. You just wanted to be near me?" He perks up and nods his head. It looks like I have a clingy little one with me, which is perfectly okay. I grab his hand and lead him to his room to pick out some toys to bring to the kitchen area to keep him occupied, of course not directly in the kitchen. He picks out some toys, trying to carry all of them in his arms, "Little one, you can bring 2 or 3. I don't want you to make too much of a mess" He pouts but eventually picks out 3 that he is happy with.

We head back to the kitchen area and I let go of his hand, he drops his toys on the ground and starts to play with them while I start on something simple, spaghetti. I get out everything I'll need like noodles, sauce, onions, and some seasonings. I cook the sauce first going in order of steps as I am cooking the pasta, I see a train roll to my feet. I look over at Oliver and he gives me a little smile, "Play daddy?" I pick up his train toy and give it back to him, "I promise we will play after you eat. You need some yummy food in your tummy Oli" I let the nickname slip out and I hope he doesn't mind; I quickly get my answer when he blushes and giggles. I go back to get the food prepared and on plates. I cut up his food and put it on a smaller plate then I go make my own plate.