Chapter 55

Seb was having a friend over for a movie but the movie was a horror movie which I know Oli will have nightmares about so I decided it would be good for us two to hang out and do something. "Hey babe" I come into the kitchen, and Seb kisses my cheek, "You ready for tonight?" I ask him and he nods his head, "I'm super excited. I love horror movies" I chuckle, and Oli speaks up, "Wha tonight?" He asks curiously and I bend down, "Daddy is having a movie night with his friend tonight so we're gonna be hanging out" Oli looks over at Seb, "Daddy nu come?" I shake my head, "But it's going to be fun with you and me, yeah? Oli and dada day" Oli lets out a little giggle before he nods his head. "Anything you want to do?" I ask him and he shrugs, "Maybe we could go shopping?" I ask Oli and he sighs, "Dat wa dada wanna do" He says slightly annoyed and I laugh. "Yeah you're right Oli" I enjoy shopping. It's the one thing that I like doing besides my job that gives me genuine enjoyment. "Do you want to go to the park? Or we can paint outside?" Oli perks up, "Paint outside!" He says happily and I nod my head. "We have to go to the store first to get you some paint, brushes, and a canvas" I say out loud and he nods his head.

I let Seb know that we were going to the store to get some paint stuff. Seb laughed because there was no point in getting brushes since he would rather use his hands. I know he would which is why I'm getting tons of soap to be able to wash all the paint off. Oli wanted to get all of the colors but I told him to narrow it down to 4. So, he chose blue, purple, green, and red. I got him 2 big canvases' where he'll have a lot of space to paint and do whatever he wants. When we got home Ashton was already here and they were setting up the movie, "Hey Oli!" Ashton says looking at us as we walk inside. Oli runs over giggling and makes grabby hands. Ashton picks him up and laughs, "How are you doing little one?" Oli giggles, "Good! Dada an I paint" He says excitedly and Ashton gasps, "Really?! That's so exciting. You guys are going to have so much fun" Ashton says putting him on his feet and turning to look at me, "Dada paint?" I nod my head and we head toward the backyard.

I laid down a couple of towels under the canvas and put the paint on a paper plate along with some paintbrushes. I sit next to him on one of the towels as he grabs a paintbrush dipping it into the red paint. He spreads the paint across the entire canvas and goes for the purple next to then covers half of it in purple paint. I look confused as to what he has planned but I'm excited to see how it will look. He stands up looking down at it and I watch him as he grabs some grass putting it onto the painted canvas, "What are you doing Oli?" I ask him and he looks over at me, "Making Forest" He says before putting more grass onto the paint, "What is the purple and the red?" I ask him to try and understand what his vision is. "Das sky and gwound" I now understand that the red is the sky and the purple is the ground. I still don't fully understand what he's trying to do but I'm not going to stop his creative little brain.

After he had been painting for only 30 minutes, he had gotten paint all over his legs, his hair, and his shirt. I look at him thinking how I am going to have to give him a bath when it starts to get dark which is soon. "I'll be right back Oli. I have to go to the bathroom" Oli nods his head and goes back to his painting. I head inside to use the bathroom quickly and head outside. My eyes widen when I see what Oli had done while I was gone. He looked up at me a little nervous with paint all over his hands and I see he put his hand prints on the canvas. "What did you do Oli?" I let out a little laugh as I close the door behind me. Oli seems to relax a bit and holds up his hands, "Paint dada!" He says cutely and I walk over to him. "I see that. I'm going to have to give you a bath after we're done" I say laughing and he giggles. "That's your signature Oli. So people know it's yours" Oli dips his hand in all of the paint colors and puts more of his hand prints on the top of the painting, "Biwds" he says making more and more hand prints.

Oli looks at me curiously and I smile at him, "Dada paint wif me?" I coo at him and nod my head before I grab a paintbrush to start on the new canvas. I put the painted canvas over to the side and grab the new one putting it on the towels. I paint a corner of the canvas blue and give it two red dots for eyes, "Monstew!" Oli yells and gets up running away from the painting. I get up to chase him and he giggles running around the yard, "I'm going to get you!" I say loudly which makes Oli squeal picking up his pace. He gets tired so I'm able to catch up to him and I scoop him up. "I got you!" I say blowing raspberries on his tummy and he giggles trying to push my face away, "Dada nu" He says between giggles and I release him from my attack. I notice that the sun is starting to set so I need to get Oli inside.