Chapter 4

Oli hops off of me but before he goes to play with his toys, he kisses me on the cheek. "Aww thank you, Oli. You're such a sweetie" He giggles as he runs off to dump out the contents of his toy box in the middle of the room. I thought it would be easier to have one in the living room and one in his room instead of bringing one everywhere we go. Oli always goes for his dinosaur that makes a roaring sound when you open the mouth, he tucks that to his side and goes for a rattle-type toy that had beads in it that you can shake. He seems to like toys that make sounds, he can make sounds with or with something soft like his blanket. I'll have to keep that in mind when we go to the toy store today. I am nervous but excited to take him outside of the house. I want to see how he does in public; I know he doesn't like crowded areas but I want to help him through it.

I pick up his sippy cup so it doesn't spill on the carpet and I set it on the table. I go get my laptop from my room so I can check on some work that I possibly missed last night. I am a management analyst so I work with people a lot and it's good to make sure I get stuff done on time. When I walk back into the living room, I notice that Oli is gone. I set my laptop on the couch and go into the kitchen. I see Oli on his tippy toes reaching for his sippy cup on the table, whining when he can't reach it. "Oli," I say and he jumps, effectively knocking over the cup, spilling a little of the contents. He backs up from the table, "Oops Oops" he says with a timid tone and looks at me with tears in his eyes. I wonder why he only tells me he needs help with certain things. "Baby boy, it's okay. You just need to ask me for the things that you want" He runs into my legs, rubbing his face on my pants, and latching onto my legs. I rub his back to try and calm him down, he puts his fingers back into his mouth. I should really clip that teether to his clothes. I try to stand up and get some paper towels but he lets out a whine. "You can hold my hand, okay Oli?" He nods his head and I take his hand. I grab some paper towels and head back to the spot on the table and floor. I finish cleaning the table and get on my knees to clean the floor, Oli is still holding my hand, rubbing his eyes with his fist and his eyes start to get droopy. I throw away the paper towels and decide that it was time for a nap. I lead him over to the couch and tell him to stay still while I grab his teether from the table. He lets out a cry when I walk away from him. I quickly grab his teether and go back to the couch. "I think it's time for my little Oli to have his nap" I pick him up to set him on my lap, as I lean back into the couch and let him fall onto my chest and get comfortable. I offer him the teether and he takes it happily. I hear him suck on the teether right next to my ear and I bounce him a bit, he whines most likely not wanting to sleep. I look at him and see that the teether is falling out of his mouth as he drifts off to sleep. I quickly grab it before it falls to the ground. Pacis. That is what I should get for him next.

Time Skip about an hour later!

I was watching tv when I felt Oli start to stir in his sleep, letting me know that he is slowly waking up. I see his eyes flutter open and smile at me. I smile back at him and I rub his head, slowly trying to wake him up and he attacks my fingers. He giggles and tries to bite my fingers; I pull them back each time he goes for them. "Silly boy" I change the channel to a more appropriate show for Oliver. I turn him around on my lap so his back is against my chest.

After a while of watching his cartoons, I look at the clock and see that it is 3:15. The toy store closes at 6:30 so now would be the best time to go so Oliver has more than enough time. "Oli. Would you like to go to the toy store so you can pick out more toys?" He looks back at me with a huge smile and hops off my lap jumping around. "Toys! Toys!" I laugh at his reaction. "Alright jumping bean. Let's get you changed" I lead him back to his nursery and check his diaper. I pick out a shirt with a brontosaurus and some black shorts. I help him with his clothes but I see him pull on his pants. "What's wrong baby?" He whines and points at the front of his pants. I see the bulge from his diaper "Oh baby it's okay. Nobody is going to see or say anything. If they do then I will personally tell them off" He seems to relax when I say that and takes my hand. I coo at him and lead him to the living room to play with his toys while I pack a bag. I get a backpack from my room and go into the nursery to pack diapers, wipes, his teether, and his blanket. "Alright, Oli. You ready?" He jumps up and runs after me. I look out the window and see that it's raining. So, I quickly grab an umbrella and curse under my breath that Oli doesn't have rain boots. So, I decide to make a pit stop on the way home to get him some boots. I grab the shoes he went home with me and put them on his feet. I grab his bag, take his hand, and led him to my car.