Chapter 51

I thought it would be a good idea to have a party since Gabe hasn't met my friends from work and I haven't met his. Plus, socializing Oli is always good. He's shy around people and only really shows his true colors right off the bat with other littles. I contacted Ashton and he said that he would be able to make it. There is one familiar face that Oli will know. Unfortunately, Austin couldn't make it since he has other arrangements for tonight. He said that he would tell me about it later which makes me think it was a date. I smile to myself thinking about how someone with Austin would make him happy. Gabe said that his 2 friends, Jack and August, will be coming over which I'm nervous about but I'm ready.

Gabe is out getting snacks at the store while I set up other food dishes along with table settings. Oli comes running in with his dino toy tucked under his arm, "Daddy!" He yells from his spot in the living room, "Yes Oli?" I ask him from the dining area as I set out drinks, "Wha do?" He points to all of the stuff in the kitchen and dining area. "Dada and I are having some of our friends over for a party. You'll meet some new people and Ashton will be there. You remember Ashton, right?" Oli nods his head, "Play toys wif Oli!" I chuckle and nod my head, "That's right Oli but you're going to be on your best behavior, yes?" I ask him curiously and he looks at me with a little pout, "Yes daddy" He says before running off to his dino tent. I think it's funny how Oli will just leave a conversation right in the middle. Even if I wanted to ask him something else, I would have no chance to since he's already running off somewhere new. I make sure everything is set up before I get started on cooking the food.

I hear Gabe come in through the front door and I look over to see Oli peering out of his dino tent to see how it is. "Dada!" He yells before jumping up and running straight for him. "Oh thank goodness I found you Oli. I need someone super strong to help me carry in some bags from the car" Oli's eyes go wide and he jumps up and down. "Me! Me!" He says and that makes me smile. "Well then let's go Oli" Gabe says and they both head out to the car. I lean against the counter with a smile on my face and wait for them to bring in the bags. I see Gabe push open the door so Oli could fit in. My eyes go wide when I see Oli carrying 4 bags so I rush over and take a few from his arms, "I tried to tell him not to but he insisted that he was strong enough" Oli's face looks a little flushed from carrying the bags and I let out a small laugh. "Oh Oli" I say sympathetically and he starts to whine, "Daddies arm huwt" He says plopping his padded butt on the kitchen floor.

Gabe and I both look down at him trying to hold back a laugh since I know it would hurt his feelings. "How about I give you a snack to help regain your energy" I say going into the cabinets to grab a bag of goldfish and some Oreos. I bend down and hand him the snack which he happily takes especially the Oreos. Oli looks so happy eating the Oreos even when he tried to shove one into his mouth without taking a bite. Gabe had to pull it out of his mouth to make sure he didn't choke. "What kind of snacks did you get?" I ask Gabe rising to my feet, "Well..." He starts while putting the bags on the counter, "I got some chips, pretzels, soda, popcorn, and pickles. Don't ask me why but Jack loves pickles so I had to buy some" I look at him confused and he just shrugs. I guess I have a lot to learn about these people.

I glance at the clock to see it's almost 6 and people should be arriving soon. I feel my heart beating quicker and I jump when I feel my phone vibrate. I look at the text from Ashton saying that he just leaving and should be here in about 10 minutes. I sigh out of relief and Gabe comes into the room saying that his friends were here. I nod my head following him to the door and I'm met with 2 tall guys, one with brown hair and the other with black hair. "It's been forever. How have you been?" One of the men says and I stand there awkwardly. "I've been really good. This is Seb. My boyfriend" Gabe says proudly and I give them a small smile. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Jack. I went to law school with Gabe" Jack says reaching out his hand and I take it with a nod of my head. "That's August. He might look annoyed but trust me he's cool" He whispers to me and gestures over to August. I can see he doesn't give much facial expression when he talks to Gabe but that doesn't faze Gabe at all. Gabe looks over at me giving me a smile before they both walk over to me, "This is August. We went to high school together" August gives a small smile, 'It's nice to meet you. Gabe talks a lot about you so it's nice to finally put a face to a name" I laugh awkwardly and shift on my feet until I hear little footsteps running behind me.