XVIII

Layla

I sat back on the seat next to Axel's and attempted to recurl my hair slightly with my fingers, and adding some more volume with my hands. It was the best I could do.

Axel was buttoning up his pants again and slicking his hair back.

He turned around to look at me and grabbed my hands.

"You're so beautiful." He said as he gazed into my eyes.

"I'm so happy that you don't feel miserable here, with me." He kept going.

"I don't. I really do like it here." I said with a smile.

The car stopped in front of a beautiful white building, lit up with golden lights and adorned with lots of wild plants and flowers.

The driver got out of the car and came to open the car door. I stepped out, as gracefully as I could, and waited for Axel to join me. He walked up to me and wrapped his arm around my waist. We walked up the stairs towards the restaurant and into the large entrance hall.

We stopped before entering the dining room, busy with chatter and music.

"J'ai une réservation au nom de De Montmort." Axel spoke in his beautiful voice.

The lady he was talking to nodded her head and lead us down a dimly lit corridor. The noise of the chatter died down as we kept walking. She turned into a small room which was lit by candlelight and golden lamps on the walls.

In the middle of the room, a beautiful two person table was set.

Axel pulled out a chair for me and then walked around the table to sit across from me.

"Axel, this is beautiful!" I said as a smile beamed on my face.

"Anything for you, Chérie." He replied.

I opened the menu and browsed through the numerous options before landing on something that sounded delicious, Cacio e pepe.

"Chérie, what would you like for drinks?" Axel asked while looking up at me slightly.

"I'm torn between wine and a margarita, what do you think?" I asked.

"Well it depends, what do you want to eat?" He asked calmly.

"I'd like to try the Cacio e pepe." I replied.

"Hmm, ok. Let's get some white wine then." He said, his eyes fixed on the menu.

Our waiter came in and took our order. He left and quickly came back with a bottle of white wine.

He poured a small amount into Axel's glass, who then swished it and smelled and tasted it. He nodded at the waiter who then finished pouring Axel's glass and then poured me a glass as well.

I said thank you and the waiter nodded as he rushed out of the private room.

"He seems a bit nervous, don't you think?" I said to Axel as I sipped on my wine.

He laughed slightly as he picked up his wine and took a sip.

I asked him about his work day and how it went and how his flight was. He told me all about his day rather happily. He had gone to Paris to have a meeting with a client face to face and to sort out some paperwork. He told me that his flight went really smoothly.

"I still can't believe that you have your own jet." I said with a small grin on my face.

"We can go away for the weekend if you'd like, we can go wherever you want to go." He replied as he drank some more of his wine.