XIX

Layla

I had just finished touching up my hair and makeup and spraying some last minute perfume when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I yelled as I struggled to slide on my sneakers.

The door was pushed open lightly.

"Hello, Miss Blanche. I'm Yannis. Can I bring your suitcase down for you?" He spoke calmly as he stood in the doorway of my door.

I finally managed to get my shoe on, "Hi, Yannis. It's nice to meet you." I stood up straight and grabbed my bag off of the top of my suitcase.

"And yes, please. I think it might be a little heavy." I warned him.

I followed him out of my room and closed the door behind me. I watched him lift up the suitcase with ease as he walked down the staircase.

I followed him, my Birkin in hand.

Axel was already waiting near the door. I quickly checked my phone, 18:29, I was right on time.

Axel was dressed in a pair of dark grey sweatpants and a slim white shirt, which pushed against his muscles with every movement.

"Load all of these in the car." He ordered, his tone colder than usual.

I moved closer towards him and pushed my face into his shoulder. He wrapped both of his arms around me tightly.

We hugged for a while before he let go and grabbed my hand, leading me towards the car.

We were being driven once again today.

Yannis held the door open for me as I climbed into the backseat of the car. Axel sat next to me.

"How long are we driving for?" I asked.

"Only around 35 minutes." Axel replied.

I looked out the window as the car rolled towards the first gate.

.  .  .

I had looked out the window and talked with Axel the whole car ride.

We drove up towards the airfield and right up to the jet.

I got out of the car and waited for Axel to join my side.

He grabbed me by my waist and pulled me in towards him, leaving a couple of kisses on the top of my head.

"I hope you'll enjoy what I have planned." He said as he pressed his chin onto the top of my head.

"Of course I will! I just know it's going to be amazing!" I replied, full of enthusiasm.

I spun around to face Axel and got up on my tiptoes to give him a kiss.

He kissed me back and we held each other while kissing for a few moments.

We were brought back to reality by the sound of the car's engine starting.

I broke away from the kiss and slowly walked towards the steps to the jet.

The staff had already loaded all of our luggage.

"Climb in, Chérie." Axel said.

I walked up the stairs and into the jet, careful not to drop my bag.

Axel climbed in right after me.

The crew introduced themselves to me and I even got to go into the cockpit for a bit. Then Axel and I went to sit down.

One of the hostesses brought us some water as well as a small platter of fruits and cheese.

"Would you like anything to drink?" Axel asked me.