VII

Axel

I tried to hide my excitement at the possibility that she may remember me.

"Yes, I do remember you! I asked you where you were from and you said from France." She said, almost happily.

"That's right."

"You know you never paid. I had to file a report with my supervisor..." She spoke while casting her eyes back to the ground.

I chuckled, "That's okay, I own the place."

"Oh." She said while letting out a quiet laugh.

We sat in silence for a couple minutes. She was still playing with the ground surrounding her, she looked so ethereal, so beautiful.

"We should get back inside. So I can show you the house." I said while standing up.

I held out my hand to help her get up, she looked at my extended hand, then at my face, and got up with a stern expression on her face. I pulled my hand back with a tinge of humiliation.

We started walking back towards the house, I was careful to be prepared if Layla decided to bolt again.

We made it back to the house and walked in.

. . .

I gave her a tour of the house, making sure to show her all of the most important places, such as the library and the kitchen. Throughout our tour I introduced her to all of the house staff: the guards, the maids and the cooks. I had appointed three body guards to her, to make sure she stayed safe and to make sure she didn't try to escape again.

We ended the tour with me showing her her sleeping chambers, bathroom and closet. Her bedroom was in the east tower, all the way at the top. She had an ensuite bathroom and walk in closet, filled with hundreds of luxurious clothing items.

On the bed lay three boxes, one large one, one medium sized one and a small box.

She sat on the bed and moved the boxes to the floor. Layla gave me a look suggesting that she wanted me out of her sight as quickly as possible.

"I have some business to take care of. Wear those to dinner tonight. One of the maids will come get you when it's ready."

She nodded, her face cold as ice. I walked away from her bed and towards the door. I pulled on the handle slowly, hoping that she would say something, anything.

She didn't.

I stepped out, closing the door quietly behind me.

I walked down the tower staircase with urgency, crossed the entrance hall and took a stone staircase down to the basement.

I walked down the dimly lit corridor, and towards a heavy metal door. I pushed it open with ease and stepped inside.

"Right. Where were we?" I said while grabbing some tools off of a table in the corner.

The muffled scream that left his mouth was music to my ears. I picked up my brass knuckles and slipped them on to my fingers. With one graceful swing I hit the man tied to the cold metal chair in the cheek, probably shattering his cheekbone.

Before I could keep going, my phone rang.

"Excuse me one minute." I said to the man before me.

I grabbed my phone and answered, "Allo? What is it?" I spoke into the phone.

"I'm sorry to bother you, Boss. I have the file you wanted on Eric Dupont." One of my guards spoke into the phone.

"That's great, bring it to me in the basement please, Michael."