X

Layla

The dinner was amazing.

Turns out that boeuf bourguignon was delicious! The beef was so tender and the whole dish paired perfectly with the red wine.

I neatly placed my cutlery on my plate to indicate that I was finished eating.

"Would you like any dessert, Laila?" Axel asked me, he had finished eating as well.

"I'm full right now. Maybe when we come back from our walk." I replied.

"Okay, what would you like? The cooks will make you anything you want."

"Hmmmm I would love a strawberry cheesecake!" I said excitedly.

Strawberry cheesecake was my favourite dessert.

Marie came over to clear us of our plates.

"Marie, es que tu pourrais demander au cuisinier de préparer une part de cheesecake à la fraise pour la demoiselle, et une part de cheesecake à la framboise pour moi?"

"Bien sûr, Monsieur." Marie replied.

She walked away with our plates.

"French is so beautiful." I said absent mindidly.

"It is isn't it?" Axel replied, "If you'd like, I can arrange for you to have lessons a couple of times a week, that way you can understand what I say."

"I'd love that!"

"I knew you would. Let's go for our walk?"

"Gladly!"

We got up and tucked in our chairs, Axel then guided me to the door to the terace. We stepped out into the garden.

The night was chilly, and the wind kept lightly caressing my skin.

"Your heels might get stuck in the grass, take them off. I'll carry them for you." Axel said while looking at me intently.

I took off my heels as gracefully as I could and handed them to Axel, "You're such a gentleman, Mr de Montmort." I said in my best French accent.

Axel let out a loud laugh which resonated against the walls of the mansion, "I try my best."

We walked through the large open lawn and towards the forest on the other side of the garden. Axel and I walked close to each other, our hands often brushed last one another.

With every touch, I felt electricity going through my body, I had never felt something like this before.

We kept walking and talking anout everything and anything.

Soon, we approached the forest which led to the cabin. As we walked on the path through the forest, the wind picked up, it was a lot colder now.

We emerged from the forest and I said to Axel, "I'm so cold... Ill race you to the cabin!" I started running right away, gaining a head start on him. I was so close... But I felt a hand around my waist, he picked me up and stopped my momentum.

Then he ran to the cabin and opened the door while I walked, defeatedly, towards the cabin.

"That was not fair." I said, pouting a little.

"Life isn't fair, Chérie." He replied with a slight chuckle.

I walked through the door as Axel held it open for me. He followed me in and closed the door behind him.

"This is so beautiful." I sighed out.

"I had it built just for you." Axel said as he came behind me.