XXXI

Axel

I obviously couldn't confront Laila about it.

I didn't want to pry on her life. And if she hasn't told me yet maybe she didn't want to share.

It was none of my business anyway.

The fact that none of my team could find any information on Laila Blanche before the age of 13 had been haunting my mind since last year.

I just needed to know what her life was like, what she did that had to be concealed, why nothing on her early life could be found and how to find out the truth.

This question had been itching my brain for a year. Soon enough I'd find out, I had to.

I pushed the thought out of my mind and slowly made my way down the ladder at the back of the boat and into the water. I held my breath and dived into the water.

I opened my eyes under the salty water and admired the deep blue ocean turning into an endless black underneath me.

I propelled myself down and slowly swam back to the surface.

I broke through the surface of the waves, slicking my hair back as I exhaled slowly.

I swam towards Laila and grabbed onto the pink floaty.

The donut shaped floaty dipped a little from my weight which made Laila snap her head in my direction.

She stared at me through her sunglasses before turning her head once more and closing her eyes.

"What?" She asked, irritation laced in her voice.

"Drop the attitude." I said seriously.

If she wanted to play this game, so could I.

"What attitude?" She replied dryly, her eyes still closed.

"You know what I'm talking about, princess." I said as I let my hand glide to the wet skin of her thigh.

"No, I don't." She replied, crossing her leg over her other knee, effectively moving away from my hand.

"Look at me." I said as I grabbed onto the floaty harder.

Laila opened her eyes and turned her gaze towards me.

"Stop acting like a brat." I said before leaning towards her ear.

"Brats get punished." I whispered seductively into her ear.

I saw the goosebumps appear on her neck as my finger glided on the back of her neck.

"You don't want to get punished, do you?" I whispered into her ear once more before dotting small kisses behind her ear and down her neck.

Laila gasped lightly as I kissed down her shoulder.

"N-No." She let out before grabbing onto the floaty tighter.

"No what?" I asked as I kept peppering her collarbone with light kisses.

"No, I don't want to get p-punished." She said as I grabbed her hand and lightly kissed the top of her hand.

"Good girl." I whispered into her ear before swimming towards the ladder of the boat.

"Where are you going?" She asked while sitting up on her floaty.

I climbed up the ladder without replying and quickly grabbed a towel before walking into the living room.

I grabbed a glass and a bottle of whiskey, slowly pouring the brown liquid into the glass.

I brought the glass to my lips slowly as I savoured the strong liquor.