XIII

Layla

I raced to the bathroom, my heart pounding against my chest. I quickly brushed my teeth, to rid my mouth of what had happened earlier in the library...

Then I dabbed my face with a towel and gently reapplied some of my makeup.

I brushed through my hair and loosely curled the ends with my fingers.

I walked into my closet, filing through the clothes as quickly as possible to find something nice. I stopped my fingers as I held a beautiful white dress. It was a long, tight, white dress. It had short sleeves that were lined in a thin black stitch. I checked the tag, it was channel.

I quickly slipped it on as well as some black high heels. I chose some with only one strap and a square heel.

I put on some black sunglasses and gold jewlerry and soon enough, I was out the door.

I waltzed down the staircase, and saw Axel standing by the front door.

"Wow, Chérie, you look lovely." He said in his creamy French accent.

"Thank you, Axel." I replied, as I blushed slightly.

Axel looked handsome as ever. He was wearing some dark blue chino pants and a white shirt, of which he left the top three buttons undone, as always. His wrist was adorned with a silver watch, and a silver chain hung around his neck.

"Let's get going?" Axel asked as he opened the front door for me.

I nodded my head and walked through the door into the courtyard.

"You can choose what car we take, Chérie." Axel said as he flashed a smile at me.

I smiled back at him, following him into the garage. We walked into the garage from a small door, as we walked through he pressed a button on his phone and all of the lights came on.

My eyes fell on the immense collection of cars he had. The garage was filled with expensive sport cars, vintage cars and regular cars.

"Have your pick." He said as I kept admiring the cars.

I walked towards a matt black Lamborghini Aventador as I asked, "How about this one?"

Axel replied, "Perfect, let me grab the keys."

He grabbed the keys from a large box on the back wall of the garage.

As he walked towards the car, he clicked on another button on his phone to open the large garage door. The door opened with a slight groan as Axel walked over to the passenger side.

He opened my door for me to get in.

I sat down and thanked him as I buckled my seat belt.

He walked over to the driver's seat and hopped in. He drove the car out of the garage and nodded to the guards as the gate opened.

We drove down the long driveway until we reached a second gate. Axel pressed on a button on the ceiling of the car to open the gate. He nodded to the guards as we drove through the gate.

"It's about 30 minutes drive to the restaurant." He said, his eyes cast onto the road.

"That's fine." I replied.

The surroundings were so beautiful, I didn't mind driving for 30 minutes in this beautiful haven.

I admired the trees and flowers that lined the road, it was so surreal.

"You want to put on some music?" Axel asked.

"Of course! Is Taylor Swift okay?" I asked as I turned to look at him.