IX

Layla

As Zenno dragged me back into the mansion, I couldn't stop thinking about the look of betrayal on Axel's face. I felt horrible.

We were walking up the stairs when I tried to yank my arm out of Zenno's grip. It was no use, his grip on my arm was impossible to break.

I snapped at him, "I can walk up a staircase on my own you know?"

He didn't reply, he only loosened his grip on my upper arm slightly.

We walked to the door of my room and before he had a chance to open it I said, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have taken advantage of your kindness like I did." I was truly sorry, he must have noticed because he nodded and said, "This must be confusing and scary for you, I understand. Just please don't do that again." He brushed his jacket subtly to reveal a gun tucked into his trousers as he opened the door to my room.

I was definitely never pulling something like that again.

I went into my room and sat on my bed. I pulled the biggest box from the floor and placed it on my lap. I lifted up the lid and placed it next to me on the bed. The box contained a dress. I took the dress out and admired it. It was a long, floor length midnight blue dress with a beautiful slit riding up the left leg. The slit was decorated with tiny diamonds, they looked so real. The top of the dress was a bustier, sweetheart neckline, with diamonds bordering the edge of the fabric. The back of the dress was slightly ruched. It was beautiful.

I put the dress neatly on the bed next to me while I opened the medium sized box. I pulled open the lid, the contents of the box left my mouth slightly ajar. It was the most beautiful pair of heels I had ever seen. They were white which contrasted beautifully with the dark blue of the dress. The strap of the heel was also full of tiny diamonds. The bottom of the heel was white and glittery.

I put the heels on the floor as I opened the last box. On a black velvet cushion lay a diamond necklace, along with diamond earrings. The diamonds reflected the light coming from the chandelier in my room, causing my eyes to hurt from the intense sparkle.

This was so beautiful.

. . .

I started getting ready.

First I took a shower. The shower products were nice, but not what I usually used. I would have to tell Axel to change them. I washed my hair and my body. I got out of the shower and massaged in a vanilla scented body lotion. I put on my bath robe and started doing my hair. Using a blow dryer and a round brush, I created loose curls near the bottom of my blonde hair and curled my bangs. Once my hair was done, I lightly pinned it back and started my makeup. I didn't want to look unnatural so I only put on mascara, highlighter and some eyeshadow. I did my eyebrows with a clear eyebrow gel and applied the rest of my makeup.

I looked beautiful.

I walked back into my room and put on the dress. It fit me like a glove; I wonder how Axel new my measurements. Then I put on the heels and lastly, the necklace and earrings.