Chapter 112.1 - Tainted Love

Start from the beginning

"What is it, cat got your tongue?" Tany asked, still with a smile. 

"Well, you certainly seem to know a few tricks up your sleeve. Not sure if it's worth teaching about it, though." The blonde man shrugged, to which Tany ignored as she kept her smile. 

"It's just a hobby you know, and some hobby need some time to get it fully shiny and beefy to get good at it," Tany replied. The blonde man raised an eyebrow as he turned around to face her. 

"Oh really? What sort of secret gave you that wisdom, girl?" the blonde man asked. 

"Just simply trying, it's not that hard to try, mister..." Tany said as she tried to guess the blonde man's name, only for him to raise his index finger in response before she could utter a single word. 

"It's Diego Delgado Bordua, but if you like, Diego would suffice since... You look kinda peculiar," Diego replied. Tany's eyes widened over this sort of response coming from him. 

"Oh, am I?!" 

"Well, yeah, and besides, you look cute in many ways even though it's not on the level I expect from my standards." 

"Beauty can be shown in many ways no matter the status, you know!" Tany retorted, to which Diego merely shrugged in response. 

"That's one way, but I still stand on my point. But anyway, what else you were doing before I interrupted your private session?" 

Tany placed her finger as she glanced upward and hummed for a bit as if she was thinking to herself how to present herself to Diego. 

"Oh, a book that's like a group of superheroes who want to make an equal world while fighting both extremes of those who want to keep the order and those who want to destroy it for their own ends. It's so cool so far!" Diego merely scoffed at it for a bit. 

"Sounds like a recipe from a lawsuit from a certain comic book publisher, not that they're that important nowadays," Diego said. 

"C'mon, it has some fresh takes on the genre even if it's not quite the graphic style most are used to," Tany said as she rolled her eyes while grabbing her book and showing it in front of Diego. After some pause, Diego merely took it with his right hand as he observe the cover bit by bit. After a few minutes of observing each page, he nodded with a smirk in response as he now held the book with both hands. 

Maybe he got something out of it? 

"Oh, you have quite some taste after all. His stories are quite a blast to read in how introspective and character-focused they can be. You had my curiosity, but now you caught my interest." 

This alone made Tany's face redden for a bit as she covered her face for a bit, even glancing away for a bit over this sort of comment. 

"Did I say something wrong, miss..." 

"Tania Maestas... Just Tany if you like, but... You actually do...?" Tany said in a flustered tone, even when touching her throat for a bit. 

"Well, you have shown many ways that you can be a very good woman to hang out with if you have such interests. Maybe more than the ones who tend to enjoy makeup, but you must be on the same wavelength as me." 

"I-I see...!" Tany trembled for a bit, especially since it concerned regarding a pretty and royal man like him who appeared to have taken a liking to her despite her normal appearance in comparison. Perhaps there can be many things to be shared among many people after all, no matter the difference in status and such. 

But before she could utter anything else, Diego's pocket rumbled for a moment, to which he proceeded to swipe it out of the pocket, and once clicking on it, a text message flashed on the screen. From the content of it, it was enough to make Diego sigh as Tany stopped blushing for a bit and saw him as he guarded the phone back to his pocket while glancing away from her.