A Drunken Mistake - Time to find out the whole truth.

Start from the beginning

“They left me a letter. Their deaths were so sudden and the fact that they were together is strange, so I’m hoping that everything I need to know will be in that letter. There may even be answers to my whole life in there,” I tell her, watching as her face stays sympathetic.

“Then we’ll go, you need this closure Dylan, you’ll crazy if you don’t,” and here is why I am in love with this girl, she understands me.

“Hello passengers, this is your captain speaking. Our estimated departing time is in roughly five minutes, please be ready for take-off, thank you.”

I look over to Katy to see her shoving as much chocolate as a human possibly can into her mouth, her crazing’s are seriously funny to watch.

Sitting here, on the plane to London, I feel the nerves settle in. I’m going to see my dead parents and to find out what happened to them. I never thought this would happen.

Even though I knew about their risky life choices and habits, I guess some part of me always believed that they would cheat fate and live forever. I guess I was wrong.

Karma caught up with them in the end, and now they’re dead.

I also can’t help but wondering what they’ve been up to all these years.

I’ve seen different articles over the years, of mum or dad stumbling out of a club or at some red carpet event. I’ve seen different movie posters, telling me that they hadn’t given up on their career as actors and were clinging onto their fame. I saw these posters and the adverts, but yet I could never bring myself to watch any of their new films.

I guess I didn’t want to sit there and watch them be people that they weren’t; pretend their lives are completely different, when I knew the truth.

They were miserable, plain and simple, and no amount of movie roles or money could ever change that fact.

I just wish things had gone differently for them.

Maybe if they never were famous, they never would have turned into the people they were. Maybe they would have loved their child, treated them the way they should be treated and brought them up in a happy environment.

Maybe they would have filled their heads with word of encouragement instead of doubt, boosted their self-esteem instead of smashing it to pieces.

Maybe they would have loved me.

The plane starts moving forward and I clip my seatbelt into place.

Katy reaches over and starts clinging onto my hand in a death grip. She once told me that she hates flying, she says it feels unnatural to be that high in the sky when we were always meant for the ground.

It doesn’t help that a couple of weeks ago Kyle made her watch the first final destination with a plane crash. Now I think she’s truly shitting it.

I pull her towards me and rest her head onto my chest.

“I promise you Katy Taylor, we are going to be okay,” I whisper into her ear before kissing her head.

“I believe you,” I hear her whisper back before clinging onto me that much tighter.

The plane starts getting faster and faster, propelling us back into our seats as it picks up the pace. This is the bit of flying that I hate.

It’s the waiting, the speeding down the runway with the hope that we get enough speed to fly. Luckily this time we have enough speed to fly.

We go soaring into the sky, watching as the clouds gets bigger and the ground gets smaller. People become ants, houses become dots and the ground slowly starts to disappear.