New room

Hello everyone! Here is the next chapter and it is definately better than the last one. Well, fair to say, that every next chapter is already walking in better direction. A have a few of them already written down, so wait and see what awaits still. For now, I wish you a good weekend and nice time while reading;)

"How was your last station duty?" Sam asked turning his head back, when he heard how Penny slammed the door shut after herself.

"Putting the repots in order won't certainly be a thing I would ever miss" Penny joked in reply as she hang her uniform jacket on the door. It didn't take long until she walked into leaving room with her mobile phone in her hand. "It's a shame you wasn't there, because we had a visitor" she showed her husband a photo after she gladly snuggled up against his arm. The selfie showed Penny with Elvis, Arnold and Ellie, who was accompanied by a woman with dark auburn hair. Sam quickly recognized a victim from a car accident in the summer. 

"Is it Gabriela?" He asked puzzled. 

"Yes, in person" Penny nodded in agreement. "She wanted to thank us, once again". It was true, Gabriela visited them three times in this month. 

"How is she?"

"She's slowly heading towards full recovery". 

"Tell me, are the gosspis true?" Sam asked nosy. 

"What gossips? I thought you don't listen to them anymore" Penny teased as she turned her head slightly to look on Sam's amused face. 

"I'm not deaf, but I'm not blind either" he teased back. "I heard what is said in firestation about Ellie."

"Okay, I tell you" Penny sighed in failure. "What is said is real. Ellie and Gabriela are dating". 

"So that's why she's so happy without annoying anyone else" Sam mischeviously thought out loud. 

"I told you you're a mean person, didn't I?" Penny gently elbowed him, but she laughed when he closed his arms around her. "Besides, Arnold got his revenge today. He planned it with Elvis and while me, Ellie and Gabriela were talking, prepared a cake, but it was a balloon inside. And when Ellie tried to cut it, the balloon exploded along with a cream and Ellie's whole face was all smeared in whipped cream" Penny added as she forwarded a few photos. This time it was just their friend's cream-white face and Arnold, who was standing behind Ellie with a balloon in his hand. 

As soon as Penny put her mobile phone on the table, Sam closed her in a hug as he used to do every evening they had together now, gratefully letting her snuggled up in his chest with her back as Sam caringly interlaced his fingers with hers on her tummy. 

Last two months flew by so fast that Sam and Penny didn't even have time to look back. They tried to do their best to experience every single day as it was a new one, and that way they survived till November.

Sam's parents reacted to the news much more smoothly, however there wasn't an end to the hugs and congratulations. It was Pontypandy and that meant nothing stayed secret there for too long. Even before Halloween everyone in Pontypandy knew it, even if Sam and Penny tried to keep it as a secret, really misterious one. 

They sat like that, Penny with her head in a book while Sam's chin was resting on her shoulder and his eyes watched intently as she turned page after page, until the moon rose. When they realized it was so late, they slight broke away, as Sam tried to steal Penny's book. 

"I wasn't interested in reading it farther today anyway" Penny commented as she let Sam throw the book on the pillows behind him. He stood up and took Penny's stretched hand as their walked upstairs.