Family necklace

Penny spent the night over at Ellie's. Her best friend, as bold as she was, didn't let her see Sam that day before the ceremony was going to start.

"I'm so excited" Ellie couldn't stopped talking as they prepared quick breakfast. "I just don't understand why did you choose me over Sophie for being your bridesmaid?"

"We just decided with Sam that we don't want to mix family with that. He had the same problem with choosing between Charlie and Elvis" Penny started the story. "He talked with Charlie and then we agreed that Sophie and I are already related by blood, just like Sam and Charlie, but we want to count our friends as a family members as well, so..." she poured a juice to two cups. "When both of us had a problem with decision, we decided to chose our friends. Sophie knows she is important for me, but today I can really show it to you" she smiled.

"You didn't have to" Ellie was truely touched by Penny's gesture and you could see it clearly.

"After all we've been through. I owed you it" and with that sentance they ended their small breakfast.

Penny sat on the sofa, taking a moment of alone time, while Ellie was discussing something with Elvis over the phone. She didn't belive that this day had finally come. Even more as it was the perfect timing, because the sun was shining, no cloud in the sky and it was warm as it was already the beginning of June.

"So that is what yesterday's shopping was for? You all wanted to buy yourselves a dress for today, didn't you?" Penny realized when Ellie took out her new dress from her wardrobe.

"Probably" Ellie chuckled, shrugging her shoulders innocently. "But after all we wanted to spend some time together."

They chatted through everything once more and then Ellie had slowly started helping Penny to get ready. While they turned on the music, they didn't hear a doorbell until the certain someone called Penny's mobile phone.

"I promised myseld I wouldn't distrubt you today, but I have something to tell you" Sam's mother explained through the phone. "I found Bronwyn and now I am with her right before your friend's door" in that break in talking, Penny managed to walked out of small corridon, she heard a voice in the background as Martha completed "Ellie's door."

Penny quickly openned the door as soon as she reached her. She saw Bronwyn in her freshly bought dress of dark blue like a sea meanwhile a storm colour with dark green checkered pattern and Sam's mother in her simple light lavender dress and the same necklace she had when Penny first met her. Two women smiled as they came in. Bronwyn quickly found Ellie and helped her as Sam's mother sat and waited on small chair, the only thing empty to sit on in living room as Penny ran to bathroom to wiped her hair with a towel. It didn't took Penny too long and when Ellie was almost ready, she pressed Penny to let herself be helped. So Ellie gently began to brush Penny's wet hair, as her best friend looked at old photos, remembering how it was like. But one photo brought a melancholious memory that forced her to sigh.

"I wish my mom was here" she sighed, w
showing Ellie a photo as she let go of the brush.

"She will" Martha appeared in the corner of the mirror, Penny was looking at. "Victoria and William are just standing in a traffic jam on their way here, but they surely wouldn't miss such day" she encouragically put a hand at her future daughter-in-law's shoulder. Seemingly she wanted to say one more thing, nervously stroking her necklace, but a loud knock on the door stopped her.

"Who's this this time?" Ellie ran to open her door, leaving Penny and Martha alone. After a moment a disappointed voice reached two women's ears. "Elvis, what are you doing behind my door? You should be helping Sam!"

"I know, but this kind lady came and she said she was looking for Penny, so I decided it was better to leave Sam with Charlie" Elvis explained quickly as Ellie invited her new guest in, although she didn't let Elvis in.