The day before

Hello everyone! I know I promised I would let you hear from me on Monday, but I didn't have an opportunity to write then, but today as it is 2nd anniversary of this story!!!🥳
I still can't belive it is turning 2 today. But this is a prequel chapter before..., let me not spoiler it the hints are all over and I guess it is pretty easy to guess. I hope you will like it as it will be the greatest birthday present an author of fanfiction could have ever got. To have such an amazing reader even though this people also change last year mostly. But I'm glad I can wish you nice reading and I hope to see you tommorrow back on board here. Both me and this story one year older again. Bye👋

Rising sun woke them up as the temperature slowly rose as well. It was a perfect day to have a day off. Even better both Sam and Penny had whole day off only for themselves. At least that was what Penny hoped and thought of when she left the reality of her dreams. But the bipping noise of her phone ringing made her pull the covers away and stand up to check what was going on.

"Have you seriously left an alarm clock on?" Sam mumbled sleepily from under a pillow, which he pulled up to make the noise quieter.

"I don't think so" Penny shouted back from neighboring room. "Why are you calling at six o'clock in the morning? Does something happen?" She asked, answering her phone call.

"No" she heard Ellie's giggling voice from teh other side. "I just want to make you awere about our shopping trip at Newtown".

"I told you, Ellie, I'm far from interested" Penny defended, but Ellie successfully interrupted her.

"Blah, blah, blah. And I told you that I wasn't buying it" she said annoyed. "Neither one of us is willing to let you spend this day like it. I didn't beg Station Officer Steele for nothing" she teased.

"Ellie! What are you talking about?"

"You think he would have let volunteers take today's shift, if someone hadn't talked him into it first. Besides both you and Sam have busy schedule today" she added quietly. "Sorry, I have to end, Jodie it is not here! But we'll see each other at the bus station, won't we?" She asked and before Penny could even think about a good excuse, her best friend hung up.
Penny put down her phone back on the shelf and walked back to bedroom. She sat on the edge of bed and sighed disappointedly. She really hoped for a quiet day before tommorrow.

"Elvis just called and he behaved even stranger than any other day. He said that I am invited to him along with Arnold, Charlie, Malcolm, Tom, Moose, Mike, and Station Officer Steele. I don't know what he's up to?" Sam wondered also sitting up.

"Funny, Elvis must have planned it with Ellie. Simingly, she also called and tell me almost the same thing." She laughed when Sam pushed her back and she fall on her back on teh bed.

"Maybe they somehow find out?" Sam whispered into Penny's ear.

"I don't have such a long tongue. Maybe you didn't speak too carefully" she teased. "I can't stop thinking what their expressions will be tommorrow when they openned their phones and find out neither of them has a shift at the afternoon" Penny joked, stretching out on bed one last time.

"Yeah, some of them will probably thinking about killing us because we keep it as a secret from them. For sure Ellie will be drying your head for a long run" Sam added, closing the love of his life in his arms. "But are we really ready for tommorrow?"

"Sam!" Penny answered offendly and throw the nearest pillow right onto Sam's surprised face. Then she took her clothes and walked to the bathroom to get ready for whole day.

They ate breakfast talking and giving each other advises how to do it tommorrow. At the end it stopped at: Penny needs to buy one more thing while Sam need to clarify last details with his parents and his mother-in-law.