Favourite cup of tea

Hello everyone! Here we go again. This chapter wa sa total mistake, but I guess I need it to buy myself some time for the next chapters which will air here, I hope you will like this chapter anyway;) 

It's been three months since Sam came back to work. However, to call it full-time would be a misunderstandment. Station Officer Steele was so taken with his role as a grandfather that at first he kept Sam mainly morning shifts, but over time he began to consider afternoon and night shifts as well, but only today Sam was working double shifts, he was away from home all day today while Penny was spending yesterday with Sophie.

Reilynn changed, she started spending more time with her parents. Whether on walks (but this time Sam made sure there was always a small umbrella in her stroller). At home, she often lay on the couch, which made it much easier for Penny, and in her room she had a mat spread out on which she was already starting to explore the world. Cinamon, on the other hand, had gotten used to her presence. And Penny told he was more protective of Reilynn than his favorite rubber bone.

But now Sam was enjoying his usual business duties. On the one hand, he loved being home and sitting on the couch with Penny and Reilynn, or sleeping on the mattress in her room. But work was a part of him that nothing else could replace. More proof of how well his wife knows him. Unfortunately, sometimes when Sam told her what had happened again in Pontypandy, he would notice with sadness how Penny bit her lip and looked away, avoiding his gaze at all costs. And then there's something quieter and more thoughtful for a longer time. As if she was missing something...

But Sam didn't have time to think about it because of the alarm. All this time he was sitting in the office, cataloging the backlog of reports. As a rule, Penny took care of it. She was missed there...

"Joe Sparks crashed his Speeder 2000 straight into the sea," he said over the speaker and was already running towards the garage.

Elvis was already waiting for him in the passenger seat of the Venus.

"Ready?" he asked, turning on the siren as Sam started the engine.

"As always," he replied jokingly, taking the shortest route to the quay. "Come on, let's get Joe out," he added, unbuckling his seatbelt as they reached the Ocean Rescue Centre.

They quickly pulled Joe out of the water and headed back to the firestation. Sam was surprised when he saw Helen's ambulance standing at the gate of his house.

"Look out!" Elvis' scream snapped him out of his daze. And he did well, because if Sam hadn't hit the brakes with all his might, Venus would have stopped against the wall of the firestation.

The rest of the day passed without any surprises. And when the clock on the wall struck eight in the evening, Sam and Elvis collected their things and said goodbye to Arnold, who passed them at the door.

When Sam got home, Penny was nowhere to be found, and no one answered his silent call. So he went upstairs. The bedroom door was closed, but so that he couldn't see if Penny was there. If Reilynn had given her a rough day, it's possible that Penny just went to bed for a bit, knowing Sam would be back from his shift soon. Not wanting to disturb her, he headed for the next room and slipped through the half-open door. Reilynn lay in her crib and slept soundly. With one hand she was hugging a purple elephant, which she got from Sam on the first day of life, to her cheek, and with the other she stretched out towards the plush puppies she got from her grandparents.

Sam beamed as he heard the little girl giggle in her sleep as her dad kissed her on the other cheek.

Walking down the stairs, he hadn't expected to drink a cup of tea alone. But it was Penny who greeted him, in a dress and braided hair. Since Reilynn's birthday, Sam had never seen her in a braid. But he had to admit she looked gorgeous.