Alpha

"What do we have here?" I hear a somewhat familiar voice as I get up off the ground.

I stay quiet, hoping the darkness hides me enough.

"Don't bother trying to hide, I can hear much better than I can see." They chuckle and I clench my jaw, knowing I don't have any weapons on me.

I hear leaves rustle behind me and I turn around only to hit someone's hard chest. I take a step back but he grabs my arm before I can get out of his reach.

"Easy, I'm only trying to stop you from falling from the drop off." He assures and I look behind me and see that there is another drop off.

I gulp as he leads me away from the ledge. There's light from the moon and I can see he has something in his other hand. It's a walking stick. He has sunglasses on as well and I'm surprised to notice this man is blind.

 He has sunglasses on as well and I'm surprised to notice this man is blind

"Yes, I am blind." He states, as if reading my mind.

"What the hell are you doing out in the woods?" I scoff.

"Taking a stroll." He shrugs, as if this is normal behavior for a blind man.

"You were on the road the other night." I realize from the first night I arrived here.

"I heard you walking and thought you were lost." He admits.

"Well, maybe stop creeping out of the shadows." I scoff and he chuckles.

"Probably should work on that." He admits with a nod.

We walk down the road and end up at my apartment building. I look at him with a quirked brow and then roll my eyes when I remember that he's blind.

"How did you know where I lived?" I ask a bit on edge.

"I didn't. I live in the penthouse." He chuckles and now I feel stupid.

We go in the elevator and I push the button to my floor and he asks me to push his floor number. This all feels odd, being led home by a blind man in the woods.

"I never did tell you my name. It's Deucalion." He introduces himself.

"Danika." I say and he nods.

"Beautiful name." He compliments.

We get to my floor and I hesitate but leave, saying a curt goodbye. I get to my apartment for the first time and open the door. It's nothing fancy, small and grey with a bed on a wooden platform. There's a couch and TV

I huff as I plop down on the couch, exhausted from whatever just happened. I close my eyes and start to drift off to sleep but open my eyes when I hear a knock on my door. I huff and get up and open the door only to see the blind man,Deucalion, standing there.

"I apologize for the intrusion. I just wanted to make sure you were alright." He explains.

"I'm fine." I assure him.