President

"Thank you, Mr. President." Gibbs says and shakes his hand and he nods.

"Thank you for your service." He says to each of the team members and stops when he sees me.

Our eyes lock and I give him a warning look to keep his mouth shut. He takes my hand in his and gives me a simple nod and smile with the same tagline he gave the others.

We get drinks and mingle with politicians and I want nothing more than to take this metal around my neck, hidden under my dress and strangle myself with it. Luckily for me, the thanking of us and metal award were without cameras around.

Gibbs doesn't like a lot of media attention and I'm thankful for that. It gave Fitz an excuse for no cameras.

"So, you actually worked with him?" McGee asks Kate for the tenth time about President Fitzgerald.

"I worked for him, and it's not like we were close." Kate tries to explain.

Some soft music starts to play and I take another glass from a tray. Gibbs walks over and takes it from me before I get to even put it to my lips.

"I think you've had enough." Gibbs whispers in my ear and I notice Fitz looking at me.

He quickly looks back at his wife who's talking to someone and smiles politely as if he was listening to what they were talking about.

"When can we leave?" I whine to Gibbs.

"Another hour. We're guests, it would look bad if we left our own award party."

"You don't even go to the ceremonies you get awards at." I remind him.

"This is the President, you don't say no to him." He scoffs.

"Fine. I have to pee." I huff and walk towards the bathrooms.

Before I can go through the bathroom door I'm pulled into a different room. I'm about to attack but stop when I see who it is.

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask Fitz.

"I needed to talk to you alone." He says in a hushed tone.

"You can't just leave your own party." I counter.

"I believe the party is for you and your coworkers. You guys are the ones who saved my plane from being hijacked." He argues and I roll my eyes.

"Actually I was kidnapped from the hospital, so this doesn't mean a damn thing to me." I say showing him the metal.

"Participation award then." He mocks.

"By the way, you look beautiful." He compliments.

"Yeah, how come you didn't look at Kate like you looked at me? You know her too." I say.

"To be honest, I sort of forgot that she worked for me." He chuckles.

"She worked for you a lot longer than I did. Not to mention she helped save your ass from a terrorist trying to kill you on a plane." I remind him and he nods.

"Yeah, but I didn't sleep with her." He whispers in my ear.

"We better get back before they notice you're missing." I say and leave the room.

"Long line?" Kate asks once she sees me.

"What?" I ask.

"For the bathroom." She says.

"Oh, not too bad. Just had to freshen up." I lie convincingly and she smirks.

"This make you miss working for secret service?" I ask changing the subject.