Court

Dr. Sutton's POV:
I'm called up to the stand and the attorney, Miss Novak, starts asking me questions.

"Can you tell the jury what you do as a day job?" She asks me.

"I'm a doctor." I respond.

"So is it safe to say that you deal with sick people, or people with broken bones, that sort of thing?" She asks.

"Yes." I say and she nods.

"In your medical opinion, if someone who plays baseball, comes in with a dislocated shoulder, should they put it in a sling?" She asks and I furrow my brows.

"After you put it back in the socket, yes." I answer.

"Can you tell us why that is?" She asks.

"To keep it from dislocating again."

"So, in your medical opinion, you don't think it's the right course of action to pop it back in and send them back into the game, correct?" She asks.

"No, they should try to let it rest for a few days." I answer.

"Can you tell us non doctors why that is?" She asks.

"Having them redo the motion thy caused the injury can create more damage to the patient." I say.

"Not to mention worsen a ligament tear. Would you suggest the same thing if it were a torn rotator cuff?" She asks.

"Yes, that's another instance where you need to let it heal." I answer.

"Alright, can you tell us what you do at the Helios company?" She switches the subject.

"I supervise the interrogations of suspects." I answer with something simple.

"Your job is to make sure the person being interrogated isn't tortured is that correct?" She asks.

"Yes, I keep an eye on the prisoner's vitals and well-being." I answer.

"So you know what this is?" She asks and shows me and the jury a diagram of a stress position.

"Yes, that's a stress position we put prisoners in." I answer.

"How long are they put in this position for?" She asks.

"It depends-."

"How long?" She repeats herself.

"24 to 48 hours." I answer.

"Did you know this particular stress position can cause tears in the rotator cuff?" She asks and I clench my jaw.

"We use it-."

"Yes or no?" She asks.

"Yes." I answer.

"But you just said that you shouldn't put strain on an injury like this. That you should let it heal."

"Is there a question in there somewhere?" My attorney speaks up.

"My question is, why doesn't this man get the same treatment you prescribe to your other patients?" She asks.

"The prisoners aren't my patients-."

"But you're in charge of their well-being. Correct?" She asks and I clench my jaw.

"Yes, but they are not my patients. I'm not there as a doctor."

"How is that?" She asks.

"These prisoners are not my patients, I'm not there to cure them of sickness, I'm am there Strickland to make sure they aren't mistreated or harmed." I explain.