Death of Life

Danika's POV:
"I'll tell you what. I'll make you a deal." Lucifer says and I clench my jaw.

"I don't make deals." I say and he chuckles.

"Trust me, you're gonna want to make this one." He assures me.

"I won't hurt Dean, or Castiel or any of them." He starts saying.

"If what? I work for you?" I scoff.

"No, you go back to your old life." He says and now I'm confused.

"What?" I ask.

"Go back to those agents or whatever you work with. Go back to catching the bad guys, or even killing them if you want. Just forget about this side of the coin." He says and I scoff.

"Like I'd ever do that-."

"It's either that or I kill Dean right now." He counters and I gulp and look over at the two unconcious boys.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because otherwise, I'm gonna have to banish you to Hell until Sam says yes, which would be in six months. I can't have my daughter in things she doesn't understand." He says and puts a hand on my shoulder and I jerk away from him.

"I can tell you care about Dean. I can also make sure that demons don't bother your other friends." He offers and I gulp.

"You know, the ones in the FBI. The ones who think you're dead." He reminds me.

"Get back to what you're good at. Whether that be on one side of the law or the other. I'll even erase your memory of Sam and Dean and their memory of you. It'll be as if you guys never met." He offers and I have tears in my eyes.

"I do this and they won't be killed?" I ask about them.

"I promise." Lucifer says and I can feel my heart beating hard in my chest.

"What about my powers?" I ask.

"The ones you got from Azazel will be locked away." He says and I gulp.

"You're not going to get a better deal than this." He warns me and I clench my jaw.

I'd do anything for Dean. I'd die for him again if I had to. Go through hell again. But the thought of forgetting him breaks me.

"They'll be better off. They were just fine before they met you." Lucifer says and I look up at him.

"I met Gibbs and the team through them-."

"I'll take care of it. They won't remember them either." He assures me.

"Can I at least say goodbye?" I ask and he sighs.

"Fine. To one." He agrees and I go over to Dean who's still unconscious.

He starts to wake up and sees me and brings me into a hug.

"I thought I lost you." Dean says with a cry in his throat as he holds me tight.

"Dean, I love you." I say and lean my head against his.

"I love you too. What's going on?" Dean asks as he looks around us.

We're at a lake, with fishing poles and a cooler of beer and cider. The water is calm and the birds are chirping around us.

"Just wanted some time alone." I say and he forgets about the problems we're facing at the moment.

We fish for what seems like hours, laughing at dumb jokes and thinking about nothing in particular.

"We need to do this more often." Dean chuckles.

"Yeah. We should." I say and a tear runs down my cheek.