Death Row

I put the wad of cash in some homeless man's jar, ignoring his thanks as I pass by. I get on the train and  take my gloves off and look at my bloody and bruised knuckles.

Sweat drops down my forehead but I keep the hoodie up. I put the gloves back on and lean back and look at the few drops of rain on the window.

My phone rings and I huff and get it out of my pocket.

"What?" I ask.

"There's a prisoner we'd like you to interview." Strauss states and I roll my eyes, thinking it's gonnna be some low life pimp.

"I already told you that I don't do small time criminals." I say.

"This one's a serial killer. You may recognize the name; Kyle Boone." She says.

Gibb's POV:
"What the hell is that doing up there?" I growl when I see Boone's photo on the screen.

"We heard you were interviewing Kyle Boone, and we assumed we'd be providing back up." Ziva explains.

"You heard wrong, David. I'm not interviewing anyone." Gibbs replies.

"Then you might wanna let the governor of Virginia know. Since MTAC has him standing by, waiting for your call." Ziva states and Gibbs looks angry.

He huffs and gets up and goes up the stairs towards MTAC and I can only feel sorry for the Governor.

"I can smell the fun already." Ziva says.

"Well, it's been a tough month." Probie states.

"Right now he pretty much hates everyone, Ziva. Including himself." I huff thinking about Kate.

"He didn't seem to hate that Dani girl." Ziva counters.

Gibb's POV:
"I was told by your director that you would personally be interviewing Kyle Boone this afternoon, Agent Gibbs."

"Director Shepard was misinformed, Governor." I reply.

"Fine, we have a back up in place. You might know her. Special Agent Danika Volkov." He says and I freeze.

"You are not letting her near that monster!" I growl.

"Then you'll have to interview him." He says and I huff knowing it's the only way to keep her away from this monster.

Tony's POV:
"Gibbs is headed this way and he looks pissed." Probie alerts us.

"You think he caved to the Governor?" Ziva asks.

"No way. If Gibbs doesn't want to do something he doesn't." Probie says.

"No matter who's asking. Gibbs doesn't cave to anyone!" I scoff as Gibbs goes to his desk and gets his gun.

"Where you going, boss?" I question?"

"Sussex state prison. To interview Kyle Boone. Be gone the rest of the day." Gibbs says as he gets in the elevator.

"Yup, you two have him pegged." Ziva mocks us.

Ducky comes up and asks where Gibbs is. When Probie tells him that he went to interview Kyle Boone his face falls.

"He said he wasn't going!"

"He wasn't." I say.

"Until the SECNAV ordered him to."

"No one orders Gibbs to do anything. You should know that by now McGee."

"Who's with him?" Ducky asks as he sits at Gibb's desk.