Comfort

Huang's POV:
I get to the building, leaving Dr. Murphy behind at the restaurant. It took some talking but I finally got him to agree.

I get out of the car and I call Mr. Pearce and tell him the situation and where to meet us. I knew there was something odd with the way he and Danika interacted with each other on the last case. How she avoided him at almost all costs, and got annoyed with him quickly. Now it makes sense, he was likely one of the people who tortured her. But I don't think it was the physical kind.

Another car pulls up and I recognize the man getting out of it as Mr. Pearce. He looks around and we come up with a game plan, sweep the building together to make sure all threats are known.

We rush inside and see helpers, patients, and guards, dead on the floor, blood oozing from their bodies, some with only their necks snapped. The lights are flickering in the hallways and I can see that the cameras are all broken, almost like a short circuit happened in the entire building.

This wasn't a government mandated place and I'm almost certain that everyone involved, besides Dr. Murphy, is laying dead on the ground. He definitely had a right to be suspicious of the stuff going on here.

We make our way through the mess and I stop when I find bloody bare footprints leading to a room. The room number Dr. Murphy said was Danika's room.

I motion to Pearce and he sees what I'm seeing. He has some headphones in his hand and a needle in the other.

"What is that?" I ask in a whisper, not wanting to possibly set Danika off.

"Just trust me." He assures me and I know I have no choice but to trust him.

He heads inside the room and slowly looks around, but stops when he gets to the desk. I watch his eyes soften up as he looks under the desk and crouches down.

Jett's POV:
I crouch down as I see Danika curled up in a ball, naked, rocking back and forth. Her hands are over her ears and her eyes are shut tight. I quickly stick the needle in her neck, and she moves but I put the headphones on her head before she get a chance to strike.

She was clearly overwhelmed with all the noise around her and was trying to self soothe. She's repeating my name over and over like a chant, as if she were trying to summon me to find her.

"Easy, darling. I'm here now." I say into my microphone and she stops rocking for a moment, recognizing my voice.

"Alright, come here." I say as I take my jacket off and put it around her.

"That's it. I'm right here." I assure her as I huddle under the table with her.

She cuddles up against me like a scared child and I take her in my arms and hold her tight, trying my best to soothe her and calm her down. Her breathing is heavy and she's been hyperventilating for quite a while now.

"It's alright, I'm here now. You're gonna be okay." I coddle her, trying to get her heart rate to slow down.

After about a half hour she finally stops crying and her hyperventilating has lessened quite a bit. I just hold her against my body, rubbing her back, trying to let her know she's safe now.

"You wanna tell me what happened?" I ask but she shakes her head against my chest.

Part of me is afraid to know the answer. I've rarely ever seen anyone singlehandedly capable of destruction such as this on this scale. It was one thing to watch her tear a man's throat out with her teeth, it's another to see what else she's capable of.