Job

"You didn't tell me that you died!" Azazel growls and shoves me against the wall.

"I didn't." I lie.

"No, you don't lie to me! Six months ago your death certificate was signed. I checked. And when I found that out, I asked around to see what new comers came into hell the same day. Shocker, you were one of them." He growls.

"How the fuck did you escape?" He asks.

"I don't know. I wasn't aware that I had until I met up with Sam and Dean. I woke up in a field and thought it was some twisted game the demons were playing. I ended up killing a store clerk!" I shout and he just looks me in the eyes.

"No one has ever escaped hell. You'll have a bounty on your head once word gets out." He says.

"Good thing I have the prince of Hell in my corner then, isn't it?" I ask and he furrows his brows.

"You played me?" He asks starting to figure it out.

"I figured they'd realized I was gone sooner or later. Thought getting you intrigued with me might benefit me." I shrug.

"That's why you punched me, you knew Sam would shoot at me and I would disappear." He realizes.

"I had hoped it would work." I shrug and he scoffs.

"And you knew who to think of when I was creeping in your mind. Knew I would try to use them to my advantage." He sneers and I smirk.

"Don't feel too bad...I did work with a group of profilers for over a year." I comment and he just shakes his head.

"Time to get to work." He says and I furrow my brows.

"What, I haven't slept in 6 months! Literally! Give me a day to recoupe." I scoff.

"You slept in the ditch, which, you're welcome by the way." He winks and I narrow my eyes.

"What's the name?" I ask about the first victim.

————

We head to a motel after he gets my important stuff that I left in Virginia.

"Here are the names." He says and hands me a list and I start to cross reference them with my own list.

"What are you doing?" He asks confused.

"Figuring out if I know any of them." I mutter.

"What does that matter? Just kill them like you do." He shrugs and I roll my eyes.

"Their deaths are based on what kind of person they are. If I already had a target on them it might let me skip the stalking." I explain.

"I don't have time for you to stalk them. How about you pick a name and I get them here. Easy." He shrugs.

"You wanted to see me work. My process is included into that." I remind him and he huffs.

"Or you could skip to the fun part." He scoffs.

"Sorry, not how it works." I mutter, still looking at the computer screen.

"Fine, let me know when you're done." He says and disappears in a cloud of black smoke.

Once he's gone I close my eyes and grit my teeth. Memories of the guy at the gas station rush into my mind as well as what he felt as he was dying.

"Stop!" I growl and bang on the table with my fist.

I head to bed soon after with a sore abdomen as if I had been impaled. I got my abilities back when I screwed Azazel, but with that came the drawback of the pain of my victims as I killed them. But now it's not giving me time before it starts up again.