"But, that's not exact science, is it? It isn't physical evidence that can prove that my clients killed her. So, why should we take anything you say seriously?"

"You want proof that what I do is real? That it really works? I can do that." I scoff and they turn around to face me again with furrowed brows.

"How do you plan on doing that?" They question.

"Pick anyone in the room. I'll profile them in front of everyone, and then they'll let you know if I'm right or not."

"Anyone in the room?" They ask and I nod with a shrug.

"Anyone in the room, as long as they're comfortable with it of course." I say and they smirk.

"Okay." They say for me to profile the woman on their, team who is responsible for making sure people feel pity for the defendants.

"You okay with that?" I ask the woman and she  confidently nods.

"Where to start...I mean, I could go for the obvious, you've been married and divorced twice in the last five years. No kids with either one, thank god. They tend to make divorces a lot messier. But then again, you never planned on having children in the first place, don't like them all that much. They take up too much time and energy, when you could be spending it on yourself and your own interests. Which is where your career comes in. You tell people how to preform in front of juries and judges to try and get them a better sentence or even get a non guilty verdict, no matter if they did the deed or not." I start out and everyone just listens.

"But, that's all obvious as well, so maybe go a bit deeper into the thickets of your mind. Now you tell people that you like this job because it makes you feel like you're helping people, it lets you to get to know others, even travel, plus it pays well and gives you powerful connections. But, that's not why you actually do it. You do it so you're not the only one putting on a mask for others. Instead, you're teaching others to do what you've done your entire life. Now, that might sound like a slight towards you but I promise it isn't, it usually comes with the territory of being adopted. Sense of self is often lost, so you try to become like the people around you, try to fit in, to be liked. And it worked for a while, but you felt miserable doing it because you didn't feel like yourself. So, instead of continuing down that path of self destruction, you decided to use your camellón ability to make money." I continue and the woman scoffs.

"But again, it wasn't for the money, no, there's a darker reality that plays into all of this. The reality is, most of the cases you take are of the horrendous nature, bloody, terrible, mangled bodies found in trunks left in the desert. Maybe a kidnapping case where a girl was held captive for months, beaten and scarred for life. Maybe even something as simple as a mother drowning her own baby in the tub. But each and every time, you coach them to look presentable, tax paying, law abiding citizens who couldn't possibly do any of those horrendous deeds. Now, some people might think you do it to prove that you can get a guilty person off, but I think we both know it's because you know all too well that it could easily have been you on the other side. And I'm not saying that as a compliment, that you beat the odds or whatever. No, I mean, it gives you a look into who you really are, without actually having to face it. You get to see the ugly sides of your mind, all those thoughts that you repress, the urges you try your best to ignore. This is your release. This job is exactly what keeps you on the right side of the law. It gives you a taste of the crime, without having to pay the price. You get to hear intimate details about unspeakable things and you get to pretend that you were there yourself. And then, you get them off or not, and get to go home and mask, pretend you have a normal life, a normal mind and no one's the wiser."