"So, you don't deal as much with the forensics side of it?" They ask.

"You mean the hands on forensics?" I ask and they nod.

"No, we focus more on the behavior of the suspect, although, we often use forensics to help create a more accurate profile. It all depends on the case. But no, we don't normally physically handle the forensics."

"So, a lot of the doctor speak must be pretty confusing to you, correct?" He asks and I chuckle.

"I'll admit I don't understand all the terminology of the case, but I know enough to be able to create an accurate idea, of how things most likely went down, or find differences between what your clients told me and what the body tells me." I say and they quirk a brow.

"Really? Can you give us an example?"

"Well, the victim suffered from a condition that affected the density of her bones. It caused them to be more brittle than someone without the condition." I start explaining.

"But, I thought you just said that you focused more on the behavior of the victim and suspect. Why would this information be pertinent to your line of work?" They ask.

"Well, it actually has a lot to do with the victim's behavior. See, although this condition doesn't cause any pain for the person with it, it does make them much more aware of their vulnerability in life. It often effects what you do, makes some people more cautious about what they put themselves through, physically." I explain.

"But the victim is a known drug addict. So, it's fair to say she wasn't the cautious type, reckless even. Wouldn't you agree?"

"Addicts of all kinds use substances to mask something else they don't like in their life. Um, whether it's physical pain, emotional, or even mental. The idea that the victim was just down right reckless doesn't make sense."

"But she abused drugs. Her own parents say that she was lost a long time ago."

"I don't mean to sound rude, but from what I understand they barely raised her at all. They were always working so she was brought up by Nannie's. Which can easily account for her drug abuse."

"You're saying that her parents caused her to become a drug addict?" They scoff.

"I'm saying that she most likely used drugs to run away from her attachment issues. The first few years of life are vital to grow healthy attachments to the parents. Without it, it most likely results in someone who is rebellious, angry, detached even. The drugs were merely to mask the feeling of that inside her. If you get high or drunk enough, you don't have to feel the emptiness inside." I state.

"I wasn't aware you were a psychiatrist too." They scoff.

"I'm not but-."

"So, you can't say for certain that she wasn't completely reckless. Can you?"

"If she was completely reckless, as you say, she wouldn't have bothered to go to the doctor in the first place to try other medications. She wouldn't have gone through the treatment plans or any of that if she was reckless. If she was truly reckless I can almost guarantee that she would have been dead long before now." I state.

"And what is it exactly you have to prove this, what's it called, theory?" They scoff.

"My knowledge of human behavior." I shrug.