—————

We get ready and I'm surprised to see two horses outside.

"What the hell?" I question as I look out the window at the two large black horses.

One is completely black and the other has some white on its head.

"They didn't have vehicles in the 1700's. And pirates didn't have nice carriages to ride in." He smirks and I roll my eyes.

"Luckily my costume has pants." I state and he chuckles.

We get on the horses and I follow him on the road. I can't remember the last time I've ridden a horse but it seems to come naturally, or the horse is just really well behaved and automatically follows the other one.

"Race, you." I shout when I see the building and get my horse to start running faster.

"Oh, you're on!" I hear him shout after me and he starts gaining.

I get my horse to go even faster as we swerve away from cars and people as they make their way towards the doors. I raise my hands in victory as my horse runs through the doors just before his does. People are gasping in shock as we get the horses to slow down and trot in a circle.

Jett hops off his horse and walks it over towards a man who seems to be waiting to take them. He helps me off of mine like a gentleman and hands mine off to the man as well and he walks the horses out of the building.

"That may very well be the best entrance at anyone of these functions." Some man dressed up as a Lord states and greets Jett with a hand shake.

"I try." Jett chuckles and shakes his hand.

"And who might this lovely lady be?" The man asks.

"Mercia." Jett says with a smirk and the man takes my hand in his.

"It's nice to meet you. I have to say, I never thought of dressing up as a pirate for the event." He compliments and I smirk.

A few other people dressed up as pirates but their outfits aren't historically accurate. Jett and I did plenty of research into what to wear. He has a captain's jacket on with a dark low cut shirt underneath. His hair is tied back and his beard is carefully shaved, he even put an earring in his ear. He didn't want the hat, thought it was a bit much.

I wore a long jacket as well, a more grey one with a dull colored shirt underneath

I wore a long jacket as well, a more grey one with a dull colored shirt underneath. I have a belt around my waste with a fake sword and pistol. Dark pants and black boots finish off the look along with a mask over my eyes.