The VIP card

South Korea, Seoul, Anne Group

"President... I also heard some news about that matter. The VIP card of that lingerie store is pretty normal on the surface. I have to ask some of our people in Europe to check its embedded microchip. At first, I was not sure if it's possible but apparently, we received results. I just heard it from Yeji this morning."

"Oh?" Roseanne lifted an eyebrow. This VIP card in question was the one that Park Jimin had for that lingerie shop where Roseanne felt a very strong negative vibe. This happened when they went inside the VIP fitting room that had weird lighting and a sofa that was too big for a single person to sit on. She recalled feeling a little defensive the moment she entered the room. Because of this, she left without fitting her lingerie and ended up asking Park Jimin if she could have the card.

While Roseanne had actually forgotten about this matter, his story about the Wan Family and the Park Family in South Korea made her realize that she needed to have the card examined. She wanted to know if someone was trying to scheme against Park Jimin using that VIP card.

"Yes. Apparently, the code of that card was a series of algorithm that will inform another machine once used. Unfortunately, our team was not able to track the source."

"And did you make sure to keep this a secret against George's people in our team?"

Lia nodded, "Positive. I didn't tell them a single thing. I also followed your order and asked Yeji to slowly distance ourselves from them."

"Good. Very good." Roseanne nodded. While she would trust George with her life, Roseanne would never trust his son, Jack Arison. This was because of two reasons. One, she does not really know what happened to George and Jack is practically a stranger to her.

Second, she found Jack too patient, almost like a cunning ambush predator that traps his prey by strategy. Jack already endured years and years of abuse from Sofia in the past. In the end, Jack still survived and is now the CEO of Arison Holdings.

He was also smart and was very good at hiding his true intentions. Overall, this made Roseanne reluctant to even collaborate with the man. After all, having brains and patience is the most deadly combination in the industry that they were in.

***
Days passed.

On this particular day, Roseanne was having another meeting with some staff from Lin-Smith Construction- the one who won the first stage of the bid for the billion-dollar project in Han River.

"Is everything ready?" Roseanne asked Lia as they walked towards the tea house that the people from the LSC booked ahead of time.

"Yes, President. I sent you the file with the strategies that they were able to come up after the meeting. Mr. Travis is very neat and as always, and as expected, the shareholders easily agreed to our plans for the Harmony Isle in Singapore and Seoul. I think it's a good choice that you give him the Vice president position."

"Good! Very good!" Roseanne's lips lifted into a satisfying smile.

However, this smile did not last long. It vanished the moment, two men wearing black suits approached them. One stood just behind the door, making sure that Roseanne and Lia won't have the chance to run out of the door. While the other stood in front of them.

Everything happened so quickly. While Roseanne was eyeing the person who approached them Lia already acted. She passed the tablet and some folders towards Roseanne as a dagger appeared in her hand.

Roseanne didn't even know where the woman got the dagger, all she knew was that Lia was someone that could not be trifled with. Without saying a thing, Lia strode towards the man in front of them, her moves were agile as she locked her arms around the man's neck. She kicked the man's legs and used her strength to yank him down, lettting him kneel in front of them, his back against Lia.