Add fuel to the fire

Meanwhile, in the East of China, a woman wearing a red sundress was reading a book as she occasionally glanced at the TV in front of her. She lifted her gaze to take in the elegant woman who was leisurely drinking a glass of juice just a few feet away from her.

"Are you really planning to leave your family?" she asked.

"This is temporary. Once I find a good place to hide, then... I can ask my husband and Yuqi to follow me," The woman answered.

"Lan... what you did seven years ago was wrong... I would not..."

"You were the one who said that the woman was my husband's mistress. If I had known that she was not the right woman then... I would not have used the car to attack her," He Lan hissed before calming herself down. "Yuyan and Lina are already in prison. I can't go to prison with them. I have no choice but to leave my family for now."

An audible sigh drifted over from the woman in the red dress. "I heard that your daughter has been facing a lot of trouble lately. It's all over the news. Aren't you concerned?" she asked.

"I am... but what can I do?" He Lan glanced down as she bit her lips, looking very long-suffering. Choi Yuqi is smart and strong, so she should know how to deal with a scandal like this. Of course, He Lan was not truly confident that her daughter could spin this. After all, her enemy is Park Jimin.

"Don't worry about it. I will help you out one last time."

"Really?" He Lan instantly beamed.

"Of course, I am your friend. I will create some trouble for that woman to lessen their pressure on your daughter."

"I..." tears instantly pooled in He Lan's eyes. In the midst of all this, she was still lucky enough to have a friend- a true friend at that.

***
After Choi Yuqi's ruthlessness had been questioned by the netizens, numerous board members expressed their concerns about the matter. After all, many people had chosen to boycott Time Square and this consumer action had negatively impacted their sales. This was not something a savvy investor would allow.

After a few days, a Special Board Meeting was called at the investors' requests. For once, Choi Yuqi chose to deal with everything openly and be completely transparent about the matter. Choi Yuqi even scheduled a press conference to explain to everyone her side of the story to the media before the meeting. However, who would have thought that Choi Tzuyu would suddenly appear in the middle of the conference.

"Why don't you tell everyone about your plans to construct another Time Square mall in Seoul, sister?" Choi Tzuyu beamed at Choi Yuqi, who stood there speechless and unprepared for this onslaught of questions and accusations.

Why the hell is Choi Tzuyu here?! Choi Yuqi asked herself before the realization hit her. It seems that Park Jimin was not planning to let this go after all.

"Sister? Why are you here?" she asked with a straight face. Inwardly, Choi Yuqi was already cursing her sister.

"I am here to reveal everything that you did, naturally," Choi Tzuyu said before facing the reporters. "I am Choi Tzuyu, Yuqi's younger sister." She gave a slight bow then continued, "I am here..."

"Tzuyu! What are you doing? Why are you causing more chaos?" Choi Yuqi instantly signaled her guards to surround her sister. However, before they could even reach her, four large men in black suits appeared and protected Choi Tzuyu.

"What are you afraid of elder sister? Why are you trying to stop me from speaking to the media?"

"Miss Choi... Miss Choi... Can you tell us more about your sister?" a tall and lanky reporter asked Choi Tzuyu, his face full of interest. This could make the headlines!

"I am here to tell everyone not to believe in Yuqi's words. She is a liar and a manipulator who only wants profits and money. Months ago, I was one of the most talked about person here in Seoul because an error in judgement led me to make a costly mistakes. I was devastated and publicly shamed. Instead of supporting me, my sister made me sign an agreement transferring all of my inheritance to her. She chased me out of Seoul, and even my trust fund to make sure that I wouldn't be able to book a ticket back here." Choi Tzuyu took a piece of paper and handed it to one of the reporters. "Here is proof from my bank. This will show you that she restricted all my bank accounts and controlled all of my finances. She asked me not to come back so that she could protect her name. What kind of cold-hearted woman would do such a thing?"

"Lies!" Choi Yuqi blurted. She tried to squeeze past the reporters to refute any of her sister's claims but she couldn't move an inch.. "Tzuyu! How could you lie in front of everyone?" she bellowed, her voice cold, her face still devoid of any expression.

"Lie? Do I really need to lie? You threatened to show those photos to my European schoolmates and to the people who took care of me when mother and father did not even care if I lived or died abroad! You kicked me when I was down! What kind of sister are you? How could you be this vicious?"

'Pah!'

A loud slap echoed throughout the whole venue.

"You are a liar!" Choi Yuqi said as she clutched her hand. "That slap is to wake you up from your hallucinations!"

In response, Choi Tzuyu only held her red swollen face. She stared at Yuqi with a hurtful expression in her eyes. "Why do you hate me so much?" she asked weakly, her voice so meek that it instantly earned everyone's pity. "I did not do anything to you nor have I ever tried to snatch anything from you, and yet you repeatedly target me. You even told our parents to send me abroad, alone."

"This is not true!" Choi Yuqi clenched her fist as she stared daggers at her sister. All she wanted right now was to silence her sister, strangle her and make her shut her mouth. Choi Tzuyu is publicly slandering her, ruining her name and reputation!

This is something that she would not allow to happen!

"Stop slandering me," Choi Yuqi said as she took a step closer to her sister. In response, Tzuyu took a step back, fear apparent in her eyes.

"Don't come near me. Are you going to hurt me again? I know that you've always loved hitting me, even when we were children, but I have enough of your dreadful treatment. This is where it ends. I am not going to take your abuse anymore!"

"Hey, what is this?" The tall and lanky reporter who was standing near Choi Tzuyu made the inquiry as he picked up a piece of paper that was 'accidentally' dropped when she backed away from Yuqi in fear

"Is this... a summary of hospital records?" another woman chimed in, before she stared at . "This is ..." Everyone craned their necks to get a look at the paper before their eyes widened and they looked at Choi Yuqi in shock. "This shows how many broken bones she's had!"

"Oh my god! She was being physically abused by her own sister!"

"Miss Choi, this clearly shows how vicious you are. We will keep this as evidence and help your sister file a case against you," a middle aged woman said. "You might be rich but you cannot escape the law."

Choi Yuqi widened her eyes as she shifted her gaze towards the fragile and helpless looking Tzuyu, who was still trembling as she continued to cry. What is happening? Case? What case? " What are you saying?" she asked, unable to understand why everyone was looking at her with disgust.

"CEO Choi, I suggest we leave now," Choi Yuqi's adviser muttered under his breath. "These people won't listen to anything that you say. They will only add fuel to the fire. Let's get back to your office and think of countermeasures to spin this move," he whispered as he tugged Choi Yuqi's arm with a measure of urgency.

She had never once hurt Choi Tzuyu. True, she was vicious and cold, but she had never physically hurt her sister, not even once.

She knew that this was Park Jimin's way of discrediting her before the Board meeting. He must have wanted to drag her name through the mud so the board of members would ask her to resign.

This viciousness and scheming was indeed topnotch.

However, this made her curious. Why target her to this degree? She did not do anything that would ruin Park Jimin or even hurt him and his wife. For some reason, Choi Yuqi couldn't help thinking that there is something more to this scheme.