Parents

At Lotte,

"What did she do this time?" Park Jimin asked, his face cold as his eyes landed at Kim Taehyung.

"Surprisingly, she attempted to install something on your laptop. At first... we didn't have any idea how she could get inside your office. Until... we trace a login from Roseanne's office. It was a remote login that gave her access to your personal elevator. I called Lia and told her about it."

"And?"

"She caught one of the secretaries that worked under her. She interrogated the woman and... she was a spy from Lee Jongin. She had been staying in the company for months and no one could detect her. It was because she's good with computers. Lia is still interrogating the poor woman now." Kim Taehyung ended his words with a sigh. "About Yoona..."

"Hmmm?" Park Jimin started typing on the laptop in front of him. "You caught her, right?"

"Yes, we did, but that is not what I want to tell you."

"Are you sorry for giving her a chance?"

Another sigh left Kim Taehyung's mouth. "I am. I really thought that after what happened she would stop being stupid. I guess I am wrong."

"You are."

"Just as you expected, she also went to see Park Taejon and did not heed my warnings. I guess I lost another bet?"

"Stupid people like her are so easy to read. You shouldn't have made a bet with me." Park Jimin's lips curl into a sinister smile. "Now... I get to decide what will happen to her."

Kim Taehyung clenched his jaw as he nodded. He used to wonder if Park Jimin was really indifferent to a person who practically grew up with them. Now, he finally got his answer.

"Bring her to the base. I don't want mistakes this time, Taehyung. I don't want the past to bite us in the future."

"I understand." Kim Taehyung nodded.

A suffocating silence followed his words. It made Secretary Han swallow his non-existent saliva. "Shall I... ask our men to..."

"No." Park Jimin answered and met Kim Taehyung's eyes. He clenched his jaws. "Let's go to Park Capital. I have more important things to do."

Kim Taehyung and Secretary Han eyed each other before they followed him towards the elevator and into the car.

The drive towards the Park Capital was full of silence. It was as if a dark cloud hovered over them, its cold air creeping towards their skin. Slowly, their ears become accustomed to the sound of the car and the busy streets of Seoul.

"President... a car is following us." Secretary Han muttered. His voice broke the dark atmosphere. Park Jimin frowned in response. He looked out of the window, his eyes unfocused. For some reason, the fact that they are showing themselves now is disturbing his state of mind.

"Stop the car," he said, almost grimly. Secretary Han stopped the car and contrary to their expectations, the car following them did not halt and just drove passed them. But, it came to a full stop a few meters in front of them.

A man wearing a gray suit got out of the car and started walking towards them. Seeing this, both Kim Taehyung and Secretary Han chambered a handgun.

The man did not approach them. Instead, he stood in front of the car and took off his coat, leaving his white shirt behind. It was as if he was telling them that he was not carrying any weapon and he meant no harm.

He then turned around to show that he does not have any weapons behind him either.

After a few seconds, the man approached the driver's side of the car and knocked.

"Open it."

Secretary Han did not wait for Park Jimin to repeat his words. He immediately opened the window.

"Mr. Han, I would like to apologize for disturbing you. But... my boss would like to speak to Mr. Park. I know you already declined my previous request earlier... But..." the man tried to look passed Secretary Han as he increased the volume of his voice. As if he wanted to make sure that Park Jimin can hear him. "It is very important that I deliver a message to Mr. Park."

"What is it?" Park Jimin asked. They are using a simple five-seater Mercedes. So it is normal for him to hear the man's words.

"Sir," the man started. "Your parents wanted to talk to you. I would implore you to please accept their invitation. This is to..."

"I have nothing to say to them." Park Jimin interrupted him. His voice was cold, chilly. It was enough to send shivers down the man's spine. "And I don't have the time to do it."

"Sir, it is very important that you see them as soon as possible. Please understand that they cannot just waltz around here like they own the place. They are in hiding because..."

"For their safety." Park Jimin said. "They are hiding for their own safety."

The man gulped as he nodded. "Yes, Sir."

"Then... ask them to continue hiding in their hole." Park Jimin said. "And stop following me around. Tell them I have more important things to attend to."

"Sir... please, your parents have missed you for so long. We have been watching you and..."

"Tell them... I don't hate them." Park Jimin said. "But I felt nothing towards them either." After this, Secretary Han immediately closed the window drove, leaving the man standing staring at the back of their car.

"If she reveals herself, then... Park Taejon... might have another breakdown and attack us." Kim Taehyung said, his face dark. "She is still trying to protect you, you know."

"If you think watching is the same as protecting, then you are mistaken." Park Jimin fired back. "If she has eyes everywhere, she knew I am very capable of protecting myself. She knew I could destroy Park Taejon easily. Yet she is still hiding, telling me that she is doing this to protect me." He made a deliberate paused as he shifted his gaze at Kim Taehyung. His jaws clenched, eyes devoid of any expression.

"Taehyung... she is not protecting me. She is protecting herself... she is hiding because she can't face me. This meeting is nothing but a pretense." he added.

Kim Taehyung clenched his jaw in response. He let out a sigh and turned his gaze towards the streets. Park Jimin was right. All her mother did was run away and hide. Her initial purpose might be to protect him and Kim Taehyung. But protecting them now that Park Taejon is already aware of their presence is quite futile.

***
Unfortunately, Park Jimin underestimated the persistence of his parents.

The moment he arrived in the Park Capital, Park Jimin already knew that something was amiss. When he walked inside his office, his face immediately contorted into an ugly scowl.

"Who are you?" He already knew the answer to his question. "Who let you in?" By now, Park Jimin already guessed that they have people inside his company. He strode towards his seat with Kim Taehyung in tow.

"Jimin..." the woman called out.

"I think we should introduce ourselves." The man said. "Right now, I go by the name Park Jingwu and this is my wife Park Minjung."

Park Jimin sat on his leather chair as Kim Taehyung sat across the couple.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you," Park Jingwu said. "Both of you."

"I suppose there is a reason you came out now?" Park Jimin asked. A gleam of surprise immediately flashed in his mother's eyes. His bluntness was a surprise to both of them.

"I think it is not fair for you to lash out on us now." His father said. "We have our own reasons for not revealing ourselves. I hope you would understand that."

"So why reveal yourself now?" Park Jimin did not budge.

"Because I think it is finally time for us to get back what they took from us." His father said.

"Why?" Park Jimin stared at his mother briefly before looking at his father. "Why now?". The questions in his mind started popping up.

"We figured you needed our help. Let us deal with them." His mother's soft voice made him silent. For a brief moment, guilt flashed in her eyes as her gaze wavered. She lowered her head and avoided Park Jimin's gaze.