Mistaken identity

Roseanne's smile became even more brilliant as she stared at He Lan's tear strained face. "Say, if I ask Choi Yuqi to bring your head to me... do you think she would agree?"

"Stop this nonsense!" He Lan hissed while her eyes were still glued to the TV. "Kill me... Since you are so angry with me, then kill me!"

"Oh... death will come to you soon," Roseanne said. "I may not like to kill people but that fetus did not belong to me alone. It was mine and my husband's . I won't stop him from causing you a similar or greater amount of pain compared to the grief, loss, and pain that you caused him when you killed his child just because you felt like doing so."

"You and..." He Lan looked at Park Jimin, then back at Roseanne. Park Jimin was the father of Roseanne's unborn child? "Ah... I forgot. You are a slut.I'm not surprised that the child was not Kang Daniel's... After all, you have a habit of sleeping around, don't you?"

"True," Roseanne nodded before she smiled. "It is only right that he was not the father of my child."

"One more minute," Roseanne added. "You can choose to stay silent, but I can't promise you that your daughter will remain safe."

"Do you think I would care about a daughter like that?" He Lan countered. "She would even dare to betray me?! The person who raised her? Do you think I would care if she died?"

"I see," Roseanne said as she turned to face Park Jimin. He spoke not one word before he left the room. "Since you couldn't appreciate me being nice then... let me show you how cruel this world is," she said before turning on the TV again.

On the screen, Choi Yuqi could be seen sitting as before when suddenly two men entered the room with an air of menace and directly restrained her. Since Roseanne hadn't turned on the audio, He Lan could not hear what, if anything, the men might have said. What she could see clearly, however, was Choi Yuqi staring daggers at the men who just arrived. Her poisonous gaze proved ineffective so she resorted to yelling pointlessly.

"What are you going to do?" He La asked. A little fear started to creep into her heart. "What are you going to do? You people know that Yuqi is influential in Seoul. You can't kill her just because you want to!"

"I won't kill her," Roseanne clarified. "You see... I don't have any personal problems with your daughter. But I know someone who would love to see her dead."As if on cue, a woman suddenly appeared onscreen entering the room where Choi Yuqi was being held just as Roseanne finished speaking The mere sight of this woman made Yuqi struggle violently against her restraints.

"Choi Tzuyu?" He Lan asked, her eyes wide and her jaw slack as she gaped at the screen. She had been struggling to control her emotions since she heard her daughter's words, but now this... Seeing Tzuyu appear before Yuqi finally made her show the fear that she'd struggled so hard to suppress. "Why is she here? What is she going to do?"

"She is here because I asked her to be. As to... what she is going to do, I have absolutely no idea," Roseanne answered. "I am not some psychic. Who knows what will she do to your daughter."

"You-"

"Well... Tzuyu hates Choi Yuqi so much so that it would not surprise me if she really made her suffer. What do you think?"

"You are cruel!"

"Says the woman who killed people for her own gain."

"Let my daughter go! Yuqi does not have anything to do with this!"

"Hmmm... I could probably let her go," Roseanne said. "But I am not sure if Tzuyu would be so generous as to allow her to leave." She flashed a smile at He Lan. "Your daughter is a cruel, manipulative person. She has controlled and manipulated Tzuyu since they were children. Can you imagine Tzuyu's reaction once she realized all this was the result of...? I mean... I would not be surprised if she..."

"Stop! Let her go! Stop Tzuyu... What is she doing? Stop her! Yuqi did not offend you. You said it yourself. Stop this. Stop it!" How could He Lan continue to watch Tzuyu hurt her one and only daughter?

"Life is like a ferris wheel Mrs. Choi. Sometimes you are up high, sometimes you are down low. Moments like these are a good example of when you are down low. Of course... there is no way that you will go back up there. But that is not the point here. When you killed Choi Tzuyu's father... did you ever think that something like this would happen in the future?"

"How about when you killed my mother? Hm?" Roseanne asked.

"I killed your mother because she was a slut! Just like you! If you hate me so much because I killed your mother then why don't you kill me too? Your... I know I made a mistake by killing your mother but it was not entirely my fault! She looked like my husband's mistress alright?"

Roseanne instantly raised an eyebrow at He Lan. A mistress?

"Iris Anne looked like my husband's mistress and you look like your mother, so when I saw you crossing the street I thought you were your mother," He Lan continued, her eyes glued to Yuqi. "Now... let my daughter go!"

"Tell me what happened seven years ago," Roseanne said. The smile on her face was long gone.

"I was drunk," He Lan started, her eyes was on the screen. "Make it stop! I will tell you everything. Make Choi Tzuyu stop!"

Roseanne narrowed her eyes at the woman. Choi Tzuyu had already started working hard and to remove one of Yuqi's toenails. The latter was already writhing in pain as she continued to struggle harder. Seeing this, Roseanne instantly dialed Kim Taehyung's number and asked him to stop Choi Tzuyu. She needed to know the truth now.

The video showed Kim Taehyung and his men restraining Choi Tzuyu and slowly dragging her out of the room. This made He Lan let out a sigh of relief.

"You can start," Roseanne's cold voice echoed inside the room. Her face was rigid and cold as she stared at He Lan.

"I... I was drunk, I had been drinking with Yuyan and Lina. I'd just received the photo from Lina and I was so devastated. As I said... My husband might be a cowardly man, but he never had a mistress before. Or at least that's what I thought. On that night, Lina suggested that we visit a private bar to celebrate her son's birthday. She told us not to bring any cars as she will drive us all home." He Lan  paused, lost in memories. "At the bar, she told me about Choi Huang and showed me your mother's picture. Or... someone that looked like her."

"But then... then she got drunk and in the end...Lina insisted that we wait for her husband to get us but I insisted on driving. I was not really that drunk. I... I was just angry and I wanted to get some fresh air. It was already the middle of the night, so I knew there would be fewer cars and people. In the end, Lina and Yuyan agreed."

"And then... I saw you arguing with someone. Of course... I instantly thought that you were Iris Anne. You were wearing a tight little dress that made you look like a hooker. And... well... I was not able to control my anger and I hit the gas and sped towards you. I didn't even realize that your mother had jumped in front of you! I was so angry. I felt so betrayed and jealous. I know I didn't have any proof, but still... I trust Yang Lina."

"When I realized that I... when I..." He Lan burst into tears as she used her hands to cover her face before she continued. "I... I just lost control of my emotions and killed your mother."

Roseanne did not say anything. She continued to watch He Lan. Her eyes were devoid of any expression. Lost control of her emotions?  Her mother was killed because of mistaken identity? What the hell is this?

"Then... what about my child?" Roseanne asked as her light brown eyes met with He Lan's dark brown orbs. "Why kill an innocent fetus?"

"It wasn't me," He Lan uttered before she shifted her gaze from the TV to Roseanne. "It wasn't me. It was Li Jung Wang. Your father asked me to do it. He said... He said it would be too embarrassing for you to have the child."

As expected, Roseanne's eyes went wide when she heard He Lan's words. However, she was quick enough to change her expression into a stern one. She pursed her lips and stared at the woman intently. Li Jung Wang? It was him?