No making love

"So you lost the bet and I win." Roseanne said the moment she came face to face with Christopher.

"What bet?" Christopher asked.

They did make a bet when the last time Christopher pay a visit to Roseanne's apartment. It's either he forgot or he chose to forget.

"Christopher, I'm not really fond of repeating the same thing but let me remind you brother. We agreed on the bet that 'If you are finally capable of controlling your emotions, I lose and I will give you the Anne Group so you'll have all the resources to kill the person you want while I enjoy my honeymoon in the Maldives.' Remember?"

"You can't be serious....What assurance could you give me that you will indeed give me the Anne Group?" he asked.

"I am tired of managing a business. I can give you Anne Group if you win against me," Roseanne said. "If you don't believe me then either... I kill you or You kill me. You choose."

Christopher stared at Roseanne, speechless. He opened his mouth before he closed it again. What is this situation? Why is Roseanne giving him crazy choices? For some reason, his mind could not comprehend it. Was Roseanne trying to trap him? Was she being bold and trying to make him confused? He stared at her — really stared at Roseanne's smiling face.

"But..you already proved that you are not able to control your emotions by breaking limbs of Kim Taehyung's men.Well then... I don't have any interest in keeping someone like you by my side," Roseanne answered truthfully. After her conversation with Park Jimin, she found the answer to her long train of questions. She actually stopped needing other people a long time ago and her brother and father were just one of those people.

Roseanne could not deny that she still has a soft spot for them. After all, they were separated not because they wanted to but because of people scheming behind their backs. However, this does not mean that she would succumb to her emotions. Last night, Park Jimin made her realize that they indeed already have each other, and that was enough.

"Does it make you feel good?" Christopher's question woke Roseanne from her stupor. She watched as the latter turn away from his computer to face her. "Being alone. Does it make you feel good?"

"I am not alone," Roseanne answered.

"Please, Roseanne... do you even trust anyone else other than yourself? How do you sleep at night, knowing that anytime, your enemies could come and kill you? Tell me... how do you keep your smile after all that? After all the betrayals and schemes that you have been through."

Roseanne lifted an eyebrow at him, whose face had turned pale from the blood loss, then her lips slowly lifted into a smile. "Did you expect me to become like you? To just sit here and lament about how unfair life is?" Roseanne let out a scoff. "Did you expect me to cry about everything, to feel sorry for myself?"

"Christopher... both of us had been through a lot. I am quite lucky that our grandmother found me and molded me into the person I am today. That is the only difference between us.. I would not be a hypocrite and claim that I was born confident and strong. I was not. I was just like you... alone and weak." Her brother might be smart but his emotions were his weaknesses. And just like every human being, he was also struggling with this weakness.

"And to be honest, I used to spend a lot of time thinking about those people that I hurt. People who I schemed against. And you were right, I had a hard time sleeping and never trusted anyone but myself. I am not going to say that I am different now as that would be a lie. I still have those thoughts, worries and sleepless nights." She wanted to add how she had actually grown to trust Park Jimin slowly but she thought that this doesn't concern her brother anymore.