Born Animals

Park Family's Ancestral House.

Park Taejon's laughter echoed inside the whole mansion. It was not something that made one happy, it was ominous, dark. Something that could instill fear to anyone who listened to him.

"What have you done!" Old Man Park's voice reverberated. "What have you done to your brother!?" He looked at his son. For the first time... a frightening emotion wrapped his heart like a blanket.

"What?" Park Taejon raised an eyebrow before he downed the glass of whiskey in his hands. "He was a traitor!"

"You—" Old Man Park was rendered speechless. He opened his mouth, then close it as his hands trembled. He felt his lower lips shake. "You monster!"

Park Taejon's loud laughter followed his father's words. He shook his head, amusement apparent in his eyes. "Monster? Am I not the monster that you raised?"

"How could you!? How could you hurt your..."

"Father... please. Let us stop acting. Stop being to a hypocrite. I killed him because he betrayed us. While you — Didn't you kill your own brother for wealth?" He laughed. "You see? Even I am more principled than you!"

Old Man Park narrowed his eyes at his son. He felt his blood boiling in fury. "How dare you—"

*PAK*

"You ingrate!" the old man fumed as he slapped his son's hands. "How dare you kill your own brother?"

"You —" The old man's face contorted into an ugly scowl as he clutched his chest. He held unto the chair and used it to support himself. "My medicine..."

Instead of panicking, Park Taejon only raised an eyebrow at his father. "What medicine?" He smiled. Seeing this, horror flashed across the old man's eyes. "What medicine are you talking about, father?" His words were laced with mockery. It was as if he was talking to a clown.

The old man opened his mouth in a silent scream. For the first time, fear flashed in his heart as he realized the monstrosity that Park Taejon was about to do. He clutched his chest tighter as he tried his best to breathe.

"Father?" The smile on his face didn't falter. He leaned towards the old man, a sinister glint in his eyes. "You know... I wouldn't stop you from dying, right? Dying is a part of our lives. Preventing you from this is just... an abomination. It is against God's will." Park Taejon beamed at his father on the floor. "Goodbye, father. I will make sure to create many opportunities from your death."

The old man's gaze turned hazy as he continued to stare at his son. "You will regret this." He uttered inwardly as darkness swallowed his consciousness.

***

Park Jimin's base, Seoul.

"Monitor." Park Jimin uttered at the man guarding the door of Park Taeyan's. "Never let him out of this room." After seeing the man nod, Park Jimin looked at Kim Taehyung who was waiting for him outside of the room.

"Are you not going to see him?"

"What for?" Kim Taehyung asked, his face devoid of any expression. The duo they started walking towards the hallway.

"He is still your father. The fact that he is this protective towards your sister who looked exactly like you... says a great deal about his emotions inside."

Kim Taehyung scoff in response. "I have more important things to attend to."

"I agree." Park Jimin chuckled. "He is not worth it." The change in his attitude immediately made Kim Taehyung frowned. For some reason, he felt that Park Jimin would do something crazy and unexpected if he agreed to meet his own father. Not that it matters to Kim Taehyung. To be honest, he feels nothing towards Park Taeyan and Park Moonbyul. To him, they were both strangers. Someone that he would not even notice if he passed them in the streets.

"Park Taejon is a psycho. Killing his own brother for his own self-interest." Kim Taehyung muttered. "Humans are selfish in nature... it is a little scary."

"That man is capable of killing his own father and brother. He is not just a psycho but a complete monster." Secretary Han chimed in. As someone who grew up in an orphanage, this is a very touchy subject for people like Han Jisung.

While he had seen Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung do a lot of cruel things, he still could not fathom the reason why someone like Park Taejon would kill his brother and father. When all they did was support him.

"Well... we are all born animals. Our parentage and environment affect the way we make decisions as adults." Park Jimin said. "He saw his father kill his brother's family. He must have thought... he must have seen this as the norm."

"This... I want you to have someone kill this man." Park Jimin's words interrupted the silence. While Kim Taehyung and Secretary Han are used to seeing Park Jimin order them to end someone's life, this time, both of them notice the difference in his tone.

Contrary to the previous darkness that he always exhibited when deciding to end a life, Park Jimin's tone contained a tinge of warmth this time. It was light. It was as if... as if he was talking about some random hobbies like cooking and baking instead of killing someone.

"Let's not wait for trouble to knock on our doors. Let's bring chaos to their doorstep, instead." Park Jimin's eyes sparkled. It was beautiful- too beautiful, it was almost deadly, evil. It immediately sent shivers down their spine. "Let's end this as soon as possible. I can't wait to spend my honeymoon days with my wife."