Hopeless

"Move." Roseanne hissed. She eyed the tall man wearing a black suit blocking her way. In response, the man gave her a condescending smile and refused to move.

Without waiting for Roseanne to say something, Bambam already moved past her and tackled the man. His moves were agile and swift. Roseanne didn't even notice what he did to the man that was now on his knees.

"Surprise?" It was Kim Taehyung. He smiled at Roseanne. He then walked in front of everyone, making sure that Roseanne stays behind him as they continue to walk towards Lin Yoona's suite. "Five men. To be honest... I am insulted that they only stationed five men to stop us. They think too lowly of me." His voice was full of amusement. The exact opposite of the sinister glint in his eyes. "A dozen would have make me feel a little better." he let out a dramatic sigh. "My ego is bruised."

"Well.... They never thought that you are coming. Five men can easily stop me." Roseanne said. She does not know any decent martial arts. So five, six foot tall men could easily suppress her.

"Fair enough. Why don't you practice martial arts, anyway? Jimin is really good at it. Of course, I am still the best. I can teach you if you want." Kim Taehyung offered. His voice contained a hint of smugness. Roseanne doesn't need to see his face to know that he was smirking.

Roseanne recalled when Park Jimin told her how Taehyung is different when it comes to fighting. Even he knew that the silly Kim Taehyung is better in martial arts compared to him. And Park Jimin seemed not embarrassed to accept such truth.

Roseanne's lips lifted into a smile. Her man was never afraid to accept something that a normal man would not easily do. In fact, Park Jimin had shown that he was somehow proud of his friend and cousin. In their world full of people acting as alpha males, someone like Park Jimin is truly unique. This maturity and wisdom is something that she adores so much about him.

"Alright... we are here." Taehyung said as he eyed the room in front of them. He then used a card to open the door. "Uhhhh...."

Roseanne instantly frowned when she heard Kim Taehyung. Since she was behind him, she gently shoved him to the side and what she saw made her speechless.

Park Jimin was clutching Lin Yoona's neck, his eyes red, as he gave Lin Yoona a sinister smile. Lin Yoona on the other hand was struggling, She gasped for air, helplessly trying to pry his fingers from her neck. Roseanne blinked, speechless of the scene in front of her. She shifted her gaze back to Park Jimin who seemed not to notice her nor Kim Taehyung.

"Jimin! What are you doing!?" It was Taehyung. He walked past Roseanne and tried to remove Park Jimin's hands from Lin Yoona's neck. However, it was futile. He didn't even budge nor look at Taehyung . "Park Jimin! Let go!"

It was as if something was struck in Roseanne's throat. This was the first time that she saw Park Jimin this way. She stilled and watch as Kim Taehyung do his best to free Lin Yoona from Park Jimin's gasp.

"You dare drugged me?" Park Jimin asked, his voice menacing. A scoff escaped his lips as he leaned towards Lin Yoona's ears and whispered something inadible to everyone except for the woman struggling for her life in front of him. Lin Yoona widened her eyes in response. She struggled as she desperately tried made him loosen his hands.

Lin Yoona then looked at Kim Taehyung then at Roseanne, her gaze begging for her to stop him. Her pleading words woke Roseanne up in her stupor. She walked towards them, understanding apparent in her eyes. She does not need to know what the woman did to her husband. At this point, she would allow him to do whatever he wanted.

However, she also knew that her thoughts were wrong. She shook out the anger building up inside her and calmly held Park Jimin's face.

"Let her go. She is not worth it." She uttered, her voice soft. "Hubby.... Let her go." Right then and there, he let go of Lin Yoona's neck, making her fell into her knees. Seeing this, Roseanne immediately pulled him into a hug as Kim Taehyung was quick to help Lin Yoona up and have her sat on the couch.

"I am not feeling well." It was almost a whisper. Something that contain a hint of relief and anger. Roseanne felt him tightened his hug around her. "There is something in this room... ask Taehyung to find it. And don't let go of that woman."

"Hmmm." She nodded and stroked his back. "Lets go out of this place." He nodded silently while breathing a sigh of relief. However, before Roseanne could walk out of the door, she looked at Lin Yoona, her gaze full of disgust.

"To be honest, I was not expecting that you will stoop this low." She chided making Lin Yoona froze. "Your father will be very disappointed in you."

"W— What are you talking about?" Seeing Roseanne gave her a knowing smile was enough for Lin Yoona. She crumbled into another pool of tears. Her shoulders shook as she lowered her head even more, refusing to see the same disappointment in Kim Taehyung's eyes. She heard him instruct his men to find the drug that was affecting the air. Defeat was coming for her. At one point, she was hoping that Taehyung would pull her into a hug and comfort her. However, this did not happen.

Instead, Taehyung only gave her a glass of water before sitting as far away as possible from her.

"I was not expecting that you could do this." His voice was gruff. Lin Yoona lifted her head and met his dark brown eyes. The absence of any emotions in his orbs made her cringe. Does he not really care about her, anymore?

"I was forced to do it." She declared. Since there is no way that she could do her plans, then it would be best that she asked for his help to deal with the Park Family.

"Jimin would have helped you." He said. "But you were too stupid and attempt this equally stupid plan."

"Tae... I have no choice. They will kill my father if I refuse to do it."

"Don't you really have a choice?" he asked. "Yoona... I have considered you as a little sister since we grew up together. I also knew that this is one of the reasons why Jimin would come here. However now—"

"Taehyung... please forgive me. I won't do it again. As long as you promise to help me... I will stay away from Jimin. Just please..." she watched as Kim Taehyung shook his head. Horror filled her eyes. Jimin was already disgusted by her, she would not want to lose Kim Taehyung too.

"You are hopeless." He uttered. "If you were not a friend, he would have snapped your neck in seconds." He then stood from his seat. His hands on his pockets as he gaze at her. "You have accomplices.... Where are they?"

****

"Is he going to be fine?" Roseanne frowned as she watched the doctor. "When will the drug leave his system?"

"He will be fine. No need to worry. It was some sort of a sleeping drug."

"Should I cancel our flight later today?" she asked.

"No need. He will wake up before your flight." The doctor gave her an assuring smile. "However, I would be interested to know who got him expose to this drug? This was one of the few that is banned in Seoul. Having this type of drug in hand could land someone in prison."

"Taehyung will inform you about it." Roseanne sighed as she led the doctor out of their room. This was the same doctor that helped her when she had an allergy back when Park Jimin unknowingly gave her a scented flower. This man is his personal physician. "Thank you so much for coming in such a short notice. I was just worried."

"Ah... no worries, Mrs. Park. Please call me if you have anything else." The doctor immediately bid his goodbye. Another sigh escaped Roseanne's lips as she went back into their room. She sat on the chair next to their bed and stared at Park Jimin's sleeping profile. His gentle demeanor as he slept perfectly contradicted his reaction earlier when he strangled Lin Yoona.

Her lips then lifted into a small smile before she made herself comfortable and close her eyes. They will have a long day tomorrow.