Karma

Seoul, January 13

*BOOM*

A fist of orange flame punched its way out of the building as the loud explosion shook the whole place. Hoarse screams of people followed the smoke and fire rushing out of the establishment.

"You are dead." Park Jimin said coldly. "From now on... you are dead." He added as he stared at the black smoke rising from the building a few blocks away from them.

"How did you know?" Park Taeyan's voice was trembling as he tried his best to prevent his hands from shaking. "How did you know that he will try to kill me?"

"It was Roseanne." Park Jimin responded as he gestured his driver to leave this place. "Your brother wanted to frame me and use the resources that you have gained for years. You can easily tell once you think about it."

"That — That can't be." Park Taeyan shook his head. "How could he do that to our company? Father would not allow him to do that."

"Are you sure about that?" Park Jimin gave him a knowing smile.

"I —" Park Taeyan lowered his head. His mind in shambles as he recalled Park Jimin's orders on his phone. Without it, he would have been in the restaurant when it blew up. Just the thought of it made him shiver. How could his own brother do this to him? "Are you sure it was my brother?"

"No." Park Jimin answered. "But we will know soon."

"What do you mean?" he asked. "How could you just..."

"I saved you." Park Jimin's words rendered him speechless. "You should be thankful."

"I... I am grateful." Park Taeyan sighed.

"Your son was about to betray you." Park Jimin handed him a folder. "He had been meeting investors behind your back. Asking them to kick you out. He had been giving them favors so he would vote for them... and by favors, I mean... Illegal ones."

"That —" Park Taeyan's eyes widened at the images inside the folder. It was his son, Park Hyunsuk meeting investors and even board of directors. "How could he..."

"Your good brother asked him to. I mean... he is pretty stupid, to begin with. It would be very easy to manipulate him. To be honest, I am not surprised that he did this to you."

Park Taeyan frowned as he thought of his own son betraying him.

"This should not surprise you." Park Jimin said. "Your father betrayed his own brother. Your brother betrayed you. Now your son... It runs in your blood."

"Stop mocking me." Park Taeyan hissed, anger apparent in his eyes.

Park Jimin pursed his lips in response as he opened his laptop. He then browsed at the latest news.

"Why are you doing this?" Park Taeyan asked.

"What do you mean?"

"This... why save me? Why hold my daughter hostage? Why the fuck are you trying to destroy us?" His questions earned a look of amusement from Park Jimin. "Stop looking at me as if I am a clown!" Park Taeyan gritted his teeth. While he does not have enough proof that his brother was really intending on killing him, he also knew that he was very capable of doing this. This reality made him rage. How unlucky is he to be born in a family like this?

"You should already know the answer to your questions."

"Moonbyul didn't try to be close with Roseanne."

"And?" Park Jimin raised an eyebrow.

"And..." Park Taeyan wanted to continue arguing. He wanted to say something, tell him his reasons. However, he knew that truth. He knew why Park Jimin is doing this and this... this has nothing to do with Roseanne.