Lying by omission

Park Jimin woke up with a smile on his face. He instantly moved a little closer to Roseanne and breathed in her scent. After a couple of minutes, he checked the time and decided it was time for him to prepare breakfast.

After getting out of bed, Park Jimin checked his phone and emails before he went to the kitchen to start cooking. However, he was interrupted when his phone rang.

"What?"

"It's early in the morning and you're already grumpy?" Park Jimin heard Kim Taehyung ask before he chuckled. "Why so grumpy, President Park? Didn't you get what you wanted last night?"

"What do you want? You are disturbing me," said Park Jimin.

"Ha... are you cooking breakfast? I am coming up. Open the door."

"No."

"Open up. I'm hungry."

"I said no."

"I have information for the boss."

"I am your boss. You can give it to me later."

"Nah... not you. I meant the hidden boss," Kim Taehyung laughed again. "Open the door."

Park Jimin helplessly shook his head. "Alright. No breakfast. Just give the file."

"Stingy. I need some food or I won't be able to function efficiently."

Park Jimin didn't bother replying to Kim Taehyung as he was already at the door. He opened it and without a word, Kim Taehyung strode inside without even greeting him. "Where is the food?" he asked as he walked directly to the kitchen. "Huh? You are still cooking? I thought it was already done?"

"Come and help me," Park Jimin said. "I am not cooking anything for you. You have to make something for yourself."

"Mean. You have been slave driving me and you can't even give me food?" Kim Taehyung asked, his tone light as he walked towards the cupboard and put on a purple apron. His moves clearly indicated that he had been doing this for a long time now.

"What do you have for me?" Park Jimin asked as he started beating the eggs.

"Roseanne's brother," Kim Taehyung said. "That poor man is mentally ill."

"He is a genius," Park Jimin said.

"He was abused when he was young. Not sexually, but people often whipped him. How could those people do that to a child?' he dramatically widened his eyes before he continued. "He grew up lonely. While he did practice Kung Fu and other martial arts, he really does not have any close friends. I mean... he had some attitude problems and would always get into brawls and fights."

"Hmmm..." Park Jimin nodded.

"That was until a year ago," Kim Taehyung continued. "He had a girlfriend."

"Oh? Where is she now?"

"No idea. She disappeared just a few months after they began dating. However, her family never searched for her and neither did Christopher Li. He acted as if she never disappeared and just continued with his life as if nothing happened."

"Hmmm... have you talked to Christopher?"

"Why do you ask? I actually met him when I was going up. He was wearing very weird white hair. It's either he colored his hair or he was wearing a wig. So how did you know that I met him?"

"You don't understand percentages. and you were talking about him. That is totally not your style," Park Jimin said.

"Hah? Did I say something about percentages? I don't remember at all," he said before he chuckled. "However, knowing Christopher's story made me feel so lucky that I grew up in an orphanage. I used to think that I was quite unlucky but... man these people have money and yet they were being abused and trying to kill each other."