Fragile princess

Park Capital

Meanwhile, Park Jimin was staring at a cup of steaming coffee in his hand as he listened to Kim Taehyung talk excitedly in front of him. Across Kim Taehyung was a woman wearing a pink mini dress who had a gentle smile on her face.

"I actually agree with Little Lin. We should arrange for something like this for the orphanage," Kim Taehyung said. Lin Yoona came by Park Capital with a proposal to co-organize a fundraiser for the orphanage and currently, she and Taehyung were going through the details. "I mean... maybe we could raise enough funds for a children's hospital. I think we could actually do that. With Little Lin's influence in Europe and your influence in Seoul, that is very achievable."

Park Jimin kept his silence as he looked at Taehyung intently. Taehyung's excitement was apparent in his eyes as he smiled and waited for Park Jimin to answer. "Hmmm..." Park Jimin nodded. "Go ahead and work with Miss Lin. You can be in charge of this."

"Jimin, I think it would be better if..."

"I don't have the time. Besides, Taehyung is usually the one who handles events like this in my company. He's very capable and experienced. I trust that he will do a good job."

Park Jimin then shifted his gaze towards Lin Yoona and said, "I will donate eight million won for now and another fifteen million after the event. That is the best that I can do."

"But... I mean... don't you always have a soft spot for children? I think your presence during the event would make a big difference and give them hope when they see how successful you are."

"Are you saying that Taehyung is not as successful as me?" Park Jimin asked, his face devoid of any expression. The temperature of the room instantly dropped as he stared at Lin Yoona.

"Oi. Jimin... that's not what Little Lin meant," Taehyung said with a frown. "She just wanted to inspire the kids even more. If they see the three of us and other successful people from the orphanage together, it would inspire them more."

"My presence is not needed..." Park Jimin stopped talking when he saw Secretary Han enter his office. There seemed to be a sense of urgency in him as he ran towards Park Jimin and whispered a couple of sentences into the latter's ear.

Kim Taehyung and Lin Yoona saw as Park Jimin's expression instantly turned cold before he slowly rose from his seat and said, "I don't manage fundraisers Miss Lin, I make donations." He then left the room without saying another word. Seeing this, Taehyung's face also darkened and he asked one of his men to escort Lin Yoona out of the office. He then ran after Park Jimin.

"What's wrong?" Kim Taehyung asked after he got into the elevator with Park Jimin. "Did something happen to Roseanne?" In Taehyung's mind, the only thing that could stir up his friend is if something happened to Roseanne.

"Why did you bring her here?" Park Jimin ignored Kim Taehyung's question. "Why at this particular time?"

"She insisted on seeing you today," Taehyung answered as he remembered how Lin Yoona called him just today requesting a meeting with Park Jimin. Kim Taehyung was the only person who could see Park Jimin anytime, without an appointment. So it was only reasonable for Lin Yoona to ask Taehyung for this favor.

"What happened this time? Is it the Park Family?" Kim Taehyung shifted the topic. "Our security is very thorough, there is no way that they could even get close to Roseanne to attack her."

In response, Park Jimin clenched his jaw. When the elevator door opened, he took long strides towards his car as Taehyung followed closely behind. "It's the Wans," he uttered before he got inside the car with Taehyung tagging along.

"What do you think the old man wants?" Taehyung asked, his face grim.

"He probably wanted her to stay away from me," Park Jimin answered as the car left the parking lot and headed towards Roseanne's location.

****

"I said... I'm fine. You are overreacting." Roseanne smiled at Park Jimin. This was not the first time that he asked about what happened when Isaac showed up. "I already told you. Nothing happened. Lia was with me plus he wouldn't dare to do anything to me in broad daylight."

"Where was Bambam?" Park Jimin asked. "Why did he leave you alone with Lia?"

"He didn't. I asked him to stay in the car. I didn't want to alarm the people that I'm meeting by having a man with a face paralysis with me." Roseanne shrugged. "Lia. Please reschedule my meeting. Tell them to meet me in the office tomorrow morning instead."

"You are still thinking about earning money," Park Jimin uttered before he helplessly shook his head. A small smile escaped his lips. Relief evident in his eyes. "Let's go home." He shifted his gaze towards Lia and gave her further instructions to contact Mr. Travis, the vice president of Anne Group, so he could take care of the company.

Seeing this, Roseanne only nodded. While she hated being treated like a fragile princess, she also understood her husband's concern. After a few minutes drive, Park Jimin and Roseanne reached the Lotte.

"I know you hate this. Just... just give me a few hours to sort this out. I will make sure that the old man will not have the chance to do this again." Park Jimin pursed his lips as he watched Roseanne take off her earrings. "I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize," she answered. "I understand your concern. I know that his presence in Seoul must have alarmed the Parks. If my guess is right, he wanted me to become their target so he can get rid of me. He wanted to use them against me." She smiled.

"I won't let that happen." He walked towards her, his gaze gentle. "The reason why I have been avoiding the Park Family for so long is because... I want to focus my attention on more important things."

"Like looking for Rosella?" she rose from her seat and snaked her arms on his neck. "Is that the important thing that you were doing?"

"Hmm." He nodded and wrapped his arms around her waist. "I didn't want them to find you before I do."

In response, Roseanne tiptoed and gave him a light kiss on the lips. "I trust you." She smiled. No matter what happens, Roseanne knew that she could always trust Park Jimin.

After that incident, the security around Roseanne became even tighter as Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung tripled the surrounding security around her. The only good thing about this was that all those people who were following her were hiding, and they didn't let Roseanne know of their presence.