One Last Kiss

"Keith! There you are! I haven't seen you all day!" Pidge claimed, elbowing him as she sat her tray of food down on there table. Keith smiled, glad to see Pidge again. Pidge eyed him curiously.

"Okay tell me what happened in..." she started, but quickly cut of as Hunk sat down next to them, quickly followed by Lance. Pidge gave Keith a look that said they weren't finished, and Keith quickly looked away.

"Guys!! The dance is this Friday and then the play is the next day! I'm so excited, and so is Shay!" Hunk squealed. Pidge sighed.

"Keith are you gonna be my date to the dance?" She asked. Keith smiled.

"You know it," he said. Because Keith already knew he would most certainly not be going to that dance as Kara. He had vowed to himself after his talk with Lance that for the short time Kara had left she would only be getting time on stage. Keith was done with Kara interfering with his feelings...his life so much. He would figure out a way to get out of the dance.

"Well...I'm going to the dance with Kara," cheered Lance. Pidge immediately fixed her gaze on Keith, quirking an eyebrow. Keith shook his head, warning her.

"We'll talk later," he mouthed.

"Yay Lance! You finally landed a date! And right in time too!" Hunk cheered. Lance smiled sheepishly, blushing. Keith rolled his eyes.

"So I have a question for you two," Hunk questioned, pointing at Pidge and Keith. The both looked up perplexed.

"Have you two ever dated?" He asked curiously. Neither could help it...they burst into laughter.

"No! Of course not!" Pidge managed between breaths as Keith continued to laugh.

"Are you sure you guys wouldn't want to find someone you're interested in going?" Lance questioned. Keith and Pidge stopped laughing and gave each other a glance. Pidge had never liked anyone in her life and the only guy Keith was interested in was an idiot named Lance.

"Yeah....we like it this way," Pidge explained. Lance gave an understanding smile.

            "Sounds good. We'll have a lot of fun!" Hunk chimed in. Keith smiled along even though on the inside he was dying.

             After lunch was over, Keith felt like he was completely drained. He stumbled along to his next class, not sure if he could make it through the rest of the day.

            "You know me...I'm no trouble maker, but there is a janitors closer right there and I'm in no hurry to get to class," a voice whispered seductively behind him. Keith whipped around to see Lance smirking at him. Immediately Keith's heart starting pounding, and he felt his skin crawl with desire. Yet he wasn't sure about this. Lance probably didn't even want to kiss him again he was just trying to get it over with.

            "Lance you don't have to this. We don't have to have one last kiss. That was stupid. Besides, you've never been late to class," Keith said. Lance rolled his eyes.

           "First of all, being late to class once won't kill me. And second....well...I do want to have one last kiss because the truth is...I honestly don't want to stop either. It's just...I feel like from now on after this, every time I kiss you I'll just feel guilty. To me...guilt is one of the worst feelings in the world," Lance admitted looking down. Keith's heart surged. Keith didn't like seeing Lance upset, and he could get the hidden meanings behind the guilt Lance didn't want. Just like the guilt he felt with his parents. The guilt he sometimes felt just for being in the world. At the same time though Keith was relieved. Lance didn't want to kiss him anymore because he felt like it wouldn't be fair to Kara...not because he thought what they had been doing had been weird. Not because he didn't care.

           "Are you sure then? Would one last kiss make you feel guilty?" Keith asked hesitantly. Lance looked up quickly.

          "No," he assured with a crooked smile. Keith sighed.

           "Okay then...now?" He laughed. Lance nodded eagerly, grabbing Keith's hand. Keith looked down at it hesitantly remembering they were in school. Most students had gone to class by now but Keith was still on edge. Lance turned the corner. He giggled when he saw the janitors closet, pulling Keith along.

             The closet was...well a closet. It was tiny and dark filled with cleaning supplies that took up even more space. Keith shut the door behind them quickly, making sure to lock it. Keith felt a sudden rush of panic flow through him.

            "Are you sure the janitor won't come?" Keith asked nervously in the dark. He couldn't see Lance at all, even though their bodies were pressed up against each other. Keith could feel the warmness of Lance's chest.

                "Yeah, there on break right now. There's nothing to worry about. I've had to come in this closet a lot to get cleaning supplies when I do community service, and I've talked with a lot of the janitors," Lance explained.

           "Okay then," Keith said. It was weird. Keith almost felt more nervous than the other night before Lance and Keith had there full on make out session. He knew why. He felt the pressure of the last kiss. He had to make it perfect. He had to get Lance to remember the taste of his lips. That way...maybe this kiss wouldn't be the last one. At that Keith found Lance's face in the darkness, cupping his cheeks. Then Keith moved in, sealing there lips together. Lance's heart stammered and he felt a bolt shoot through him of desire that for some reason felt even stronger with Keith than with Kara.

          Lance felt a rush of emotions as he tasted Keith's lips. Kara had made his mind wander and fantasize, but what had happened between Lance and Keith was real. The other night, Lance couldn't deny it...had been one of the best night of his life. Lance remembered why he had said the things he did that night, and why he never wanted to stop. Lance pressed back into Keith, wanting more...but then Keith pulled away. He heard the other boy trying to find the lock.

         "What are you doing?" Lance whispered in the darkness.

          "We had our last kiss so I'm letting us out?" Keith questioned. Keith had made sure to give Lance the classic Romeo kiss. The romantic kiss that let your fantasies run wild. That left you wanting more.

           "What do you mean? I thought...I thought this would be more like..." Lance started, trailing off. For some reason he had been picturing another intense make out as there last fling. Lance sighed. He guess this made more sense. Keith unlocked the door and the both stepped out into the fluorescent lighting.

             "Like what?" Keith asked. Lance could now see the dark haired boy clearly. He found himself staring at Keith's beautiful, purple eyes. Lance realized if you looked at them to long, you might lose yourself in them forever.

            "Nothing," Lance laughed, "Thanks Keith. Now get to class before I have to report you!"

             "Okay," Keith laughed. Then they each headed to there separate classrooms, neither one satisfied with the thought that they had just had there last kiss with each other.